iriver H10 20GB Review

have fun with ur 20 gig.

im a 5 gig international H10 owner myself.

if i wanted 20 gigs, i wudda searched on the net for some H320's or bought one in korea :D

if u havnt found the site already, www.misticriver.net for iriver enthusiasts

• 2 weeks later...

i got a question about adding pictures. How do you add pictures that are in Easyshare jpg to Windows Media Player??? All my pix are Easyshare jpb....and whenever i try adding them to windows media player it says File Format not supported...plz help...

i hope you guys don't RMA your H3x0's. you'll get a H10 if iRiver America can't repair it.

586322592[/snapback]

you sure, i know they have discontiuned it, but im sure they are a few laying around

if i were you id still go for the iriver, you say all that now, but once you get an mp3, and have used it for a while you will want more!......

I had this problem when i first brought a PDA, i went for a lower end palm, and evenually had to get another a year down the line, cos i found that as time went along i wanted to do more, and i found sites that allowed me to do more with it.................

just becareful and think twice!! otherwise you MIGHT regret wasting your money! :)

Im standing between the iPod Photo 20Gb and the H10 2Gb. In Sweden the H10 hasn't arrived yet and while waiting I've looked after reviews all over the internet. in swe the iPod cost about 340$ which is a pretty good price for an mp3 with Photo BUT without voice-rec and radio. The iriver will cost about 440$ which i think is a little bit to much for getting a radio and a voice-rec.

I know that the iriver has better(18mW, iPod has about 12-14mW) sound but who cares, the difference is barely knownable(bad english). It's the headphones or earbuds that will make most difference. Non of the original earbuds are  good but if you are very strict about the sound you would had a good pair of headphones before you even had bought the player. I think its pretty even about that. If you want absolute quality sound its the headphones you should changes.

I got some friends that have the iPod and they hasn't have any problems without that one of them's got stolen. The battery time is not as good as the irivers but who listens to music for 10-15 hours a day anyway. Dont you sleep out there

!?!

About the H10. I been reading alot about the 5 and 20gb model and i keep seeing that many has a problem with delay between the tracks that can be up to 10sec. And i don't know if i could take that + that it is a lot more expensive, at least in Sweden.

The iPod looks better than the iriver even if the iriver is really nice too so in my case i think it will be the iPod because of the price and the trackdelay on the iriver.

I know that the iriver is a bit better in the most parts but i dont think its worth it.

//Paralyzed, the swede

586259189[/snapback]

About the H10. I been reading alot about the 5 and 20gb model and i keep seeing that many has a problem with delay between the tracks that can be up to 10sec. And i don't know if i could take that + that it is a lot more expensive, at least in Sweden.

586259189[/snapback]

I've actually found a way to cut down the delay by a lot. I've arranged all my music in folders (thanks to iTunes for doing it for me :p)

• 3 weeks later...
fantastic review. lovely peice of kit.  my 20gb is getting old now - just waiting till 20gb h10 is available in the UK.

586192521[/snapback]

does anyone anywhere know when this will be?

I want one of these quite bad. But since I am used to the iRiver H140 I feel that 20 gb is a bit on the small side. Got used to be able to carry my whole collection with me. And I also tend to use it as a portable harddrive for backup and transfer.

With only 20 gb that would be harder. But the looks,size and colorscreen aint enough to get it I guess. Have to wait to the H140 dies which I hope wont happen soon :p

I've got the old hp-120 model and I've considered selling it to get one of these. Better screen,better case and ability to view text are the things that I like. I also dig the design and interface better...I got to play around with it at a store recently. Pulled out my mp3 player in the store so I could compare sizes right there, it was nice.

This model is slightly thinner and a decent bit shorter.

However, if I can view text files on my older iRiver with Rockbox or some ****, I think I'd just do that instead.

I get about 20 hours on my charge. I've only had my battery be drained one time. No, I don't listen to my mp3 player 20 hours a day (Though I do keep music playing 24/7 in my room, car, work etc..just not always on my iriver :p ), it is nice to be able to use the player in my car for a week, see the battery gettin low, then charge it while I sleep that night.

I've got the iRiver H10 20GB myself. Love it though I find the scroll thing a bit cumbersome sometimes. My brother just got the iPod nano. I really like the scroll feature on that. It moves much faster. If only the scroll thing for iRiver moved faster I'd be very happy.