How to Build an XP-SP2 Recovery Disk

the one thing I hate about that website is its 91% ads .... and the actual content is sqeeeeeezed on the side

i can't seem to download the rtf file, and the sites to annoying with those adds for me (expecially as the article is spread over many pages) anychance of putting up another copy of it?

i can't seem to download the rtf file, and the sites to annoying with those adds for me  (expecially as the article is spread over many pages) anychance of putting up another copy of it?

586206177[/snapback]

got the file but the thing doesnt work.. it finally gives me a msg:

This Service Pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has integrated Software Updates. Consult the Service Pack documentation for more details about supported integration scenarios

Here's the problem: Once you upgrade to SP2, you won't ever be able to install the original version of Windows XP over it; you have thus rendered the ancient practice of reinstalling the operating system impossible.

OK then :rolleyes:

anyway.. the error msg is cos i am tryin with sp1 cd. so just delete the i386/svpack folder and i386/svcpack.inf file from the contents you copy to ur hdd.