Your thought on my poster

Question

I'm in portfolio class which mean I'm going to graduate from college. I have to get all my portfolio pieces together and fix and redesign some pieces. I just finish designing a poster for MOMA, which is a art gallery in New York City but instead of doing it in New York City, I'm going to do it in Atlanta instead. I did that so it will not look like its from them. Would like to know what you think of my design for the poster. It's very long and thin which is what I'm going for.

The YOU in the design is the thought that when people look at art they have there own opionion about the art work. Some people like or love or they have feel something about an art piece. Which why I did the YOU in the design.

post-34211-1121461306_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Looks good except for the You's outlining the guy, I like the random You's within him but it outlining him makes it look odd.

I certainly not up to your level or artwork or insight but I do like the look of the poster. Only thing is that as soon as I looked at it, teh first thing I tought was it said "Your Momma" which was kinda wierd. Looks good though.

Needs more work, you certainly have some good elements but I don't know about the whole concept. Maybe a different color scheme? The outlining is sort of odd.

I think it has potential, you need to make it so we can see the image on either side of him, it becomes too dense. I think the only place it should go completely red is underneath him where it needs to.

My first thought was it looked amateurish in the smaller image, but closer up I realised what you were trying to do, your almost there. I think if you try what I said it will look great, but then ofcourse what I think looks great to me :).

I understand what you mean, I had the same thought when trying to use the YOU in the image. I'm still trying to it look just right. There going to be 3 more which is going to be in different colors and I different art work. The size is going to be 25x8in or 40x12in, it really depend on how much money can i spend on it.

I am going to update the image when I'm done with it, to get your thoughts on it.

updating what I did, give me your thoughts about the new images I updated, thank you very much.

post-34211-1121485879_thumb.jpg