Tour De France 2005

Ok, we know Lance Armstrong has won the last 6 years, but this year, he hasn't been doing his best. By now he would have won a stage and the closest person WOULD be 1 or 2 min away.

But with this new guy, he's close to losing it.

By the end, who do you think will win the Tour De France?

i know nothing about cycling but i would like to see him win his 7th consecutive tour de france

it's a fitting wa for a champion like him to bow out

Honestly, I don't know enough about cycling to say who I THINK will win. I hope Lance does. And actually his lead going into today's stage was larger than his lead at the same point last year. And one year he actually wasn't even leading at this point.

He hasn't been doing his best? Have you been watching a different tour than me or something?

If Lance doesn't win, I think it'll be Basso. But I think Lane will win.

Lance will win, I'm sure he'll take a stage before the end, but if you can win the whole thing why bother knocking yourself out to get a single stage win.

He was cool today, the team fell apart and he still kicked ass. He showed Rasmussen and Ullrich who's the boss.

lance isn't the greatest cyclist, eddy merckx gets that title. yeah lance has been able to do what no other cyclist has done, but he's also put all his energy into one race. you don't see him ever riding the giro or vualta. so bravo for his 7 tour titles, but i like other cyclists who actually race all year rather than just july.

lance isn't the greatest cyclist, eddy merckx gets that title.  yeah lance has been able to do what no other cyclist has done, but he's also put all his energy into one race.  you don't see him ever riding the giro or vualta.  so bravo for his 7 tour titles, but i like other cyclists who actually race all year rather than just july.

586258917[/snapback]

Wow... that's like blaming a baseball team that only does enough to get by in the season and wins the world series 7 straight times for not giving effort.

yet another victory for Armstrong. its good that he is finnaly out of the Tour, so now others can compete for the first place. like Ulrich!!! he is good but didnt do too well this year :( . also ivan baso :D

speaking of armstrong being best cyclist... he is best cyclist today. but not best cyclist ever. he races only in a very few competitions :(

yet another victory for Armstrong. its good that he is finnaly out of the Tour, so now others can compete for the first place. like Ulrich!!! he is good but didnt do too well this year :( . also ivan baso :D

speaking of armstrong being best cyclist... he is best cyclist today. but not best cyclist ever. he races only in a very few competitions :(

586263487[/snapback]

Ulrich is not going to win another Tour De France... he doesn't have it left in him.

I hardly think it's fair to slam Armstrong simply for not being in more races... when you win the Tour De France 7 straight times you have the right to take some time off.

if he wasn't the best cyclist ever, than more people would have more than 7 tour de frances. they don't. no one even has 6.

in tennis and golf, it's only the major events that matters. in cycling, it's only the tour de france. lance is the best, and it's not even debatable.

congrats, by the way :p

The Tour was great and I look forward to seeing who will step up next year and winning...

and did anyone else win anything from the Lucky 7 competition? I won a water bottle (I had to buy the hat).

post-17846-1122257900.jpg