Saving Quicktime movies

I love watching the movie trailers at quicktime.com but hate the fact that I can't save them to view later. I used to be able to check the option to save the movies in my cache and then go to Temp Internet Files and copy them from there but it seems like the only thing in there anymore is a reference to the video on the web. Anyone know how I can save these? TIA...

ps...wasn't sure if this should go here or the media room...

/me sighs

That is what I was afraid of. I was hoping there something similar to ASF Recorder but could find anything. Thanks for the help and take care...

Use MoZilla :D

it will show you the all hidden links of Apple :p

im afraid if they remove that feature from Upcoming MoZilla.

in internet explorer, when the quicktime control appears, click on the bottom left part of it.

This should popup a option's tab, select "save to disk cache".

now when you view a movie in the browser it will be saved to your disk cache / temporary internet files directory.

e.g.

win9x

all cached movies should be saved in:

c:windowstemporary internet files....

just look for any files in there with a .mov extension or just look like a movie, should find your file soon enough.

for win2000/xp

go into your profiles directory

c:winntprofiles"me"local settingstemporary internet files...

bingo the movie without the pro version.

works everytime, if it's cached its gotta exist somewheres.

;)

Yeah, Just copy it from the tmp internet folder when you are done downloading it. And no the pro version does not let you save movies that are protected, but thay are already saved :)

I dunno why but in my version which is pro I have the option to right click on the movie once its finished playing/downloaded and save movie :D