Betas will start this Fall.

Recall1982

586247341[/snapback]

I can't wait... :D

Code.Red

Nice! :drool:

phot0nic

Um, ev0|, I use Dreamweaver MX and Windowblinds, and I don't notice any problem... In fact, if using a UIS1 skin, then Windowblinds can skin much MORE than msstyles. Granted most of the best skins (IMO) are UIS2, still... it skins everything msstyles do.

I'm really looking forward to this. Good job guys. I almost gave up on PPAB in Windowblinds.

freedom77

this does look damn cool, but can't someone just make a patch for xp to support transparency??

BMac

Looks sweet. I'll definately try it out when its released.

Winswy

586247341[/snapback]

Super, right about the time my subscription runs out...

:/

Binary

Will Windowblinds 5 allow transparency in the toolbars, menu's, dropdown, and comboboxes as well? If so I'll be happy cause my new skin needs all of that. Well except toolbars.

Chris

smoke

It already does menu's this is adding taskbar and titlebars.

Darken

:woot: very nice!! :drool:

• 3 weeks later...
Wannes
Now THIS is something that will bring many many people to WB and, if the styles are done right, I will be one of them. I've bitched and bitched about Stardock, but I'm more than willing to admit when they do something right and this is something very right. Even away from the longhorn styles, the overall graphics quality of any themes will jump tremendously with this.

586244190[/snapback]

You're taking the words out of my mouth, WB is back. :p

C:\Smoke>

I will wait and see how much memory it eats. If they fixed it then i may switch, but right now the Uxtheme.dll is fine. Does all i need it to do and uses no extra resources! I wish someone could write a patch that would allow the alpha blening etc.

Daviesbad04

I have yet to understand the craze over this. So the windows are transparent.......and?. I really just dont get it...

Runiteshark

Ehh.

I noticed the PC was a bit slower with windows blinds, but I do really want to see how this eats cycles...

Then again Aero Glass sucks down cycles by itself.

ev0|
Um, ev0|, I use Dreamweaver MX and Windowblinds, and I don't notice any problem...  In fact, if using a UIS1 skin, then Windowblinds can skin much MORE than msstyles.  Granted most of the best skins (IMO) are UIS2, still... it skins everything msstyles do.

I'm really looking forward to this.  Good job guys.  I almost gave up on PPAB in Windowblinds.

586249796[/snapback]

Windowblinds does not handle the colors of the internal bars correctly.

Suicide
Now THIS is something that will bring many many people to WB and, if the styles are done right, I will be one of them. I've bitched and bitched about Stardock, but I'm more than willing to admit when they do something right and this is something very right. Even away from the longhorn styles, the overall graphics quality of any themes will jump tremendously with this.

586244190[/snapback]

yeah you re right

just got wb 4.6 installed, using now with Kol's last theme

what can i say about this one?

looks perfect for me, waiting for the release

Morgan

Dammmmmn. That looks so cool. Cant wait to see more!

MindTooth

Awesome.. WB5 is gonna pwne the styling of Windows..

bangbang023
I have yet to understand the craze over this. So the windows are transparent.......and?. I really just dont get it...

586391163[/snapback]

It's not just that. This will also mean alpha blended edges on nonsquared themes. VS's like LunaElement have rough top corners because of the curve. Alpha Blending corrects that.

trust_no1

it is for when the release of this wonder please :woot: ?

-Hiroshi-

Cant wait to try this out.. Im psyched.. hopefully we can see something this month or next month maybe.

kylejn

Nice. I have to say, WB5 looks like it's going to have the features that will make me want to switch over, especially if the importing of MSStyle files can be perfected. It's still pretty hit-or-miss, right?

Julius Caro

This looks REALLY cool. Too bad my PC sucks :p By the time I buy a new PC vista will be final :(

HeXetic

This is cool, I just moved over to WB will definatelly be staying thanks to this.