.mcsa

I'm thinking of getting one. I figure if I work on it over the next few years and get it before I end school, I will have a MCSA and a CCNA (I'm already doing CCNA) and then I will look a hell of a lot better then the guy next to me my age who have nothing.

Anyone here have a MCSA? I'm looking at their site:

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcs...csa/default.asp

And I'm having a bit of trouble trying to work it out (I can't say it's the best designed site I have ever seen...)

OK, well, anyway, I have a few questions for people with MCSAs or just know about them:

• Can someone explan just how you get one. I'm a bit confused by their site, it's got books, exams and courses.... Do I need to take a course or is it just something you can do if you don't want to read the book etc...
  • How much do they cost - all up - including books, exams, courses?, the lot
  • I see here: http://www.microsoft.com/TrainCert/mcp/mcs...equirements.asp That I get a choice of a few things if I want to do it. I guess I would go with the XP one, Exam 70-270... I would like to do Exam 70-275 and 70-278, but as you can see it says "Available 2002", anyone know when?
  • With Elective Exams, anyone know the best one they think is there? I really don't know which one to do... lol

Thanks everyone :)

Yeah I plan on doing the same thing as you... I also plan on getting a MCSE and A+, i'm also almost finished with my CCNA

As for your questions...

• You need to pass I think 5 exams for MCSA, and 7 for MCSE. The courses you pay for and its like a class that teaches you the information. The book, is probally what you get along with the class :) but you can get it without taking the class.
  • I have no clue :) I am trying to find that out myself, if you find out, please le tme know.
  • Probally when Windows .NET is released.
  • What they think is good? dunno.. But I know A+ is nice to have. You're better off passing the exam that will help you, not what they think is good. Because there is no point of passing an exam that you won't really use in your experience...

hope that can help out...

Well i am thinking along the same lines, but i'm waiting for the .Net Server editions to ship and the new exams to be finalized.

Although 2000 is my choice, it's better to be right up to date, rather than have to take more exams when .Net Server comes out.

Just my views