[NHL] Lottery Draft

Well, not too much longer and the draft will be upon us, so I thought this would be a good place to discuss it.

Who will get the top pick? I'm thinking the Blue Jackets for some reason... of course most everyone thinks the Rangers since they have the highest chance.

id like to see crosby go to nashville and play with rick nash :yes:

586254262[/snapback]

Rick Nash? Don't you mean Columbus, then?

Well, not too much longer and the draft will be upon us, so I thought this would be a good place to discuss it.

Who will get the top pick? I'm thinking the Blue Jackets for some reason... of course most everyone thinks the Rangers since they have the highest chance.

586254227[/snapback]

The Rangers have as high a chance as 3 other teams (including CBJ).

I of course am hoping it goes to Detroit, but I don't have much hope. I'd be happy with a top-10 pick, seeing as though we haven't had a 1st rounder in like 5 years.

They are showing it on TSN right now, they have Crosby on the phone, he said he wants Montreal to get him first.

If Leafs don't get Crosby, hopefully the get Jack Johnson .. if not that at least a pick in the top 10, its a very talented group this year.

I hope Detroit too, scsgoal31!

What Crosby wants and what he gets are two different things... it'd be good for the sport if he goes to a Canadian team or a big market team like New York, though.

I hope Montreal gets Crosby, but I'll be happy if they can get some size up front, something they desperately need.

As for who I think will get the #1 pick, I can't say, but I have some odd feeling that none of the teams with 3 balls in the lottery will get #1. But if one of them does, the best place for him to go out of the 4 is easily New York. A market as big as New York would let a guy like Crosby not just make near the $850,000 salary cap for rookies, but millions in endorsement deals. Also, he has an equal chance of ending up in Pittsburgh, who will barely be able to spend above the lower $21.5M limit of the cap. Crosby will flourish anywhere. How noticeable of an impact he makes, will depend where he ends up.

Last place I'd want too see any good player go to is the Rangers, where talent just gets lost, especially for a young skilled player like Crosby, end up being a bum with the Rangers, besides I blame the Rangers for this whole fiasco/strike/lockout for the owners trying to buy the cup and spending money on salaries too turn players into spoiled brats, I hope the NY Rangers suck sh*t !

He'd be much better going to Columbus.

Reverse order is how they're announcing. So far (I'll edit)...

30 - Tampa Bay Lightning

29 - Florida Panthers

28 - Dallas Stars

27 - Colorado Avalanche

26 - Calgary Flames

25 - Edmonton Oilers

24 - St. Louis Blues

23 - New Jersey Devils

22 - Boston Bruins

21 - Toronto Maple Leafs

20 - Philidelphia Flyers

19 - Detroit Red Wings

18 - Nashville Predators

17 - Phoenix Coyotes

16 - New York Rangers

15 - New York Islanders

14 - Washington Capitals

13 - Buffalo Sabres

12 - San Jose Sharks

11 - Los Angeles Kings

10 - Vancouver Canucks

9 - Ottawa Senators

8 - Atlanta Thrashers

7 - Chicago Blackhawks

6 - Columbus Blue Jackets

5 - Montreal Canadians

4 - Minnesota Wild

3 - Carolina Hurricanes

2 - Anahiem

1 - Penguins

Edited by Scorpio

So, so close. Montreal got #5. So, I hope Anaheim, Carolina, and Minnesota skip over Jack Johnson. He'd be the best choice, in order to bolster Montreal's defense. I didn't want to see Pittsburgh get #1, but they had one of the best chances to. At least Toronto's way down in 21st. :D

Crosby, Lemieux and Malkin sounds like one powerhouse line. Good for Pittsburgh. Hopefully this saves hockey for them. Kind of sad that the Leafs did so poorly but oh well. And yes Rick Nash does play for Columbus and not Nashville.

being a habs fan myself, i would've loved to see him in montreal, i say they should've let him go where he wanted, but then again i believe he did want to go to montreal:P

the penguins need someone, and i think crosby might be able to help them out

Guess you didn't know the first two on that list. lol

586255459[/snapback]

Pardon? I don't even know if this is directed at me but if so please clarify. First two on what list?

damn i wanted crosby to be a hab, im so mad!! when i saw canadiens picture in the 5th card, i wanted to die.

586255468[/snapback]

It's fine. Crosby's a centre, and Montreal isn't exactly lacking in centres. We have Koivu, Ribeiro, and Bonk. It would've been great to have him, but we need a good defenseman more to be honest.

I wonder if he'll live with Mario and his family. There are no language issues like there was with Marc-Andre Fleury.

Toronto didn't do too badly with their one ball. Calgary and Edmonton had two kicks at the can and it's too bad they didn't do better.

well im upset I wont be seeing Crosby in the bleu-blanc-rouge (yet) but Montreal got up pretty high with their 1 ball. I wonder who they'll take, they need some beef up on D since Rivet and Brisbois will probably be bought out and not soon enough if u ask me.

Pardon?  I don't even know if this is directed at me but if so please clarify.  First two on what list?

586255520[/snapback]

I was referring to the guy that noted the NY thing... Tampa Bay and Florida were the first two picks announced -- both from Florida, obviously.