[NFL] Owens to report to camp

Geeze, how many millions of dollars do you need to be happy? If you truely love playing football, which you obviously do if you've made it as far as the NFL, then you should be happy with $49 million for seven years. Unless somehow he feels that he will spend that money within his seven year contract I guess.

Another reason for me to have no respect for Owens...

Just saw this on ESPN.com and was coming here to post it when lo and behold it was up already lol. Well I'm glad the Eagles aren't letting Owens bully them. There is logic to at least ONE point he and Rosenhaus have repeatedly made in this saga, though. Since the teams are under no obligation to honor contracts it seems kind of unfair if a player has no real recourse to get out of it himself. But their REASON for wanting to do it is ridiculous. That's a LOT of money. Too bad Randy makes more. Anyway I found the following amusing:

"I'm confident once we get this resolved, he will go back to the status he previously enjoyed (with the fans)," he said.
I'm suuuuure that'll happen.

T.O. can complain all he wants but he should be complaining to his union and to his previous agent. the previous agent screwed him from free agency which lead to a disadvantaged negotiation situation for him when he got himself out of the trade to baltimore and signed a new contract. yeah it sucked T.O. but your agent got u in that situation.

as far as whats fair? well they baragin whats fair when the union signs that CBA. Don't like it? Thats the system. Want better? Negotiate that when its up in a couple of years. Otherwise the contract is a year old deal with it! Its not like your asking for an extention at the end of the contract you are basically asking for a do over because u realized u screwed urself. Hell even you union told you you were doing it.

otherwise fly eagles fly.

here's hoping he isnt happy, and that he manages to be a cancer in the clubhouse all year, killing any kind of team chemistry.. paving the way for your super bowl XL champion, atlanta falcons.

It was pretty funny.

On sportscenter last night they talked to Screamin A Smith about his article in the Philly Inquirer...about his sources and whatnot.

Then they ahve Rosenhaus on. And he is all like "not definite...etc. etc."

I figured these to be two separate conversations. But it turns out they were broadcasting it to Screamin A Smith at the same time.

So they have him report back and he is like "im standing by my article. my source said he will be there"

It was pretty funny.

On sportscenter last night they talked to Screamin A Smith about his article in the Philly Inquirer...about his sources and whatnot.

Then they ahve Rosenhaus on.? And he is all like "not definite...etc. etc."

I figured these to be two separate conversations.? But it turns out they were broadcasting it to Screamin A Smith at the same time.

So they have him report back and he is like "im standing by my article.? my source said he will be there"

586260412[/snapback]

Well I'm glad the Eagles aren't letting Owens bully them.

586256647[/snapback]

Well out of all the teams in the NFL he picked the worse one to negotiate a contract with. Just wait for the first home game and see what happens.

Where is Merril Hoge to say something about how much Philadelphia sucks?

Anyways, glad TO is back. Still want to see how Reggie and Greg play by themselves, though...