MySpace Profile add-ons and goodies

Just wondering if anyone knows of a website with good items to add-on or link into your Myspace profile?

Also how do you change the colors of your profile page?

Some people?s profiles have different backgrounds and what not?

Do they make any kind of skins or templates for profile pages?

Thanks

Tom is sort of an idiot when it comes to HTML and CSS. You're a little limited, but if you spend enough time with it you can do neat stuff.

I'll say that there's nothing cool about 'add-ons', though, especially when you don't even have anything in mind. HAY CAN I GET SUM KOOL ADDONS is pretty crazy lame.

AV0X, Vice King, Sniper34123 Thanks for the links!

Narutorocker thanks for the group I'll check it out!

I'll have to play around with some code and see what I can work out.

So all style stuff has to be submitted in the About Me section?

Why don?t they add in an area so you can post templates and what not, instead of having to post it into the About Me area?

Thanks again guys!

Tom is sort of aidioti> when it comes to HTML and CSS. You're a little limited, but if you spend enough time with it you can do neat stuff.

I'll say that there's nothing cool about 'add-ons', though, especially when you don't even have anything in mind. HAY CAN I GET SUM KOOL ADDONS is pretty crazy lame.

586265279[/snapback]

Pretty lame of a response; If you don't have anything positive to add to the discussion then don't post at all. Your just whoring post counts then.

Got another question

When I'm using templates and that, my text under My Interests don't get coded with the rest of my page, so there showing up plain black text.

How do I change this?

Also how do I change my blog link under my picture to link to an outside website instead of the Myspace blog? Is there a section to add an external website link?

I can't seem to find one.

Thanks

Pretty lame of a response; If you don't have anything positive to add to the discussion then don't post at all.  Your just whoring post counts then.

586266181[/snapback]

Yeah, it wasn't as insightful and action-packed as 'awesum, thanx, any1 got ne others??????', but i guess it's the thought that counts, right.

it's true, what lav-chan said. i googled how to hack myspace, and found a site that, while it didn't go into detail, said that Tom had fixed some security holes but that some were much more complex than that. but then again, with anything, software mostly, it takes a few versions to get the bugs out, and the more features you have the more possibilities for bugs you have.

Tom thought that he would prevent people from removing advertisements from the profiles by blocking the iframe element from custom style sheets. So you can't do iframe { display: none; } anymore. But, if you want to, you can just as easily do { display: none; } on whatever element CONTAINS the iframe (and it should probably be the only one on your page, so you don't have to worry about it messing up other stuff). I don't remember exactly what element this is, but it's a few extra letters, basically, and the ads are gone again. Unfortunately it removes some of the other stuff from the top (the search-bar part, i think, i don't remember exactly), but it's not a huge deal.

Of course, if Tom catches you (don't know why he would, with millions and millions of pages on there, but i guess some good Samaritan might let him know), he'll probably be a little steamed. :shrug: I just removed the search bar and kept the ads there. Wasn't worth the risk, you know!

Well, i don't know whether you can hold him to this, but it says on MySpace:

Latest Update: 03:23PM PST, Friday, July 22th. Many of you have asked about NewsCorp buying MySpace. (You can read an article about it, by clicking here.)

Everyone seems scared that MySpace is going to change. I'm not leaving, and I'm still making the decisions about the site, and I'm not going to let things suck.

The rumors people are reposting in bulletins are not true: 1) we are not going to become a pay site. 2) we are not increasing advertising. 3) we are not allowing anyone to monitor the site. 4) we are not deleting any content or censoring people in any new way. (we've always deleted nude pics and hate speech) 5) we are not exploiting anyone's data or violating anyone's privacy.

MySpace has been my life for almost two years now. I know its as important to others as it is to me. I won't let it get jacked up.

Not that this is, you know, relevant at all.

Yeah, it wasn't as insightful and action-packed as 'awesum, thanx, any1 got ne others??????', but i guess it's the thought that counts, right.

586266293[/snapback]

:D

What's up with myspace why is it so popular?

What so great about it?

Better than a home hosted blog?

I just don't get it.

586266603[/snapback]

No, it's actually a really horrible site, as far as the software goes. It's just that everybody is on there, so why fight it? Go out and get your Modblog or whatever, but good luck getting enough people interacting with it to even begin to compete with what you'd get on MySpace.

What so great about it?

I just don't get it.

586266603[/snapback]

i used to say the same thing.. if you care enough to search my previous posts you'll see that i bashed on myspace.

BUT when you get rejected by two girls because you don't have a myspace and almost all of your friends have one.. you start to feel really left out. so thats why i decided to join. "if you can't beat em, join em"

you get used to it and its really cool when you find friends from hs you havn't seen in 2 years and even better when you find people you haven't seen in 9 years!

What so great about it?

I just don't get it.

586266603[/snapback]

The girls :D I meet So many That lived near me that I never even knew!! hehehe and... :ninja: Its like a Dating site for me,pick the girl,hit her up wit a good message,get the phone number,meet up,and kick it,and what ever happens from there.I love myspace! btw Im 17 yrs old!! hehe young and having fun! :D

The girls :D  I meet So many That lived near me that I never even knew!! hehehe and... :ninja: Its like a Dating site for me,pick the girl,hit her up wit a good message,get the phone number,meet up,and kick it,and what ever happens from there.I love myspace! btw Im 17 yrs old!! hehe young and having fun!  :D

586270902[/snapback]

after reading that.. i instantly knew you lived in CA. great place, lots of girls to go around.