Night Running

OK, so, I'll skip the whole story of my running career because it's late and no one probably cares all that much :p But, I just finished running a few laps around my neighborhood for about 40 minutes at 10:00, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried night running here? It's really nice actually, especially in the summer time. It was a nice temperature out, not too hot, but not too cool, and I felt great. So, anyone else tried this? If not, I would encourage you to try it out ;)

I like nightrunning more than daytime...and that's anytime of the year, even winter. Alot less traffic and I have more energy throughout the day. Also, about 90% of the time I go to the gym at night as well. I recently switched over to a 24 hour gym here and it's great...I can go around midnight and only a few people are there (and they aren't those people who stand around talking the whole time...I hate that).

I guess since I work nights I've gotten used to switching my nights to days and days to nights.

night running is good and all but, i would have to say most of the kidnappings around here happen to people who run at night. more dangerous if you in the wrong area for the health benefit :D

but ya, the cooler temps and no sun beating down on ya is a defenite plus.

I used to run at 10pm a lot with the hockey team. They were small 3.5k runs on the street.

Lately i've been doing 9.5k MWF at about 8pm'ish or 9pm'ish. My rule is if the sun goes down stay out of the woods. I love running at night. I'd classify myself as a night person and it's just a lot cooler and quieter. Of course in the summer right now the sun is still up but during the winter anything after 5pm is dark as hell. And since it is vancouver it rains a hell of a lot. I love running in the rain as long as its not too piercingly cold out.

I'm not worried about kidnapping at all. It's canada after all :D and i know how to fight. :ninja:

I'm not much of a night-time runner... sometimes I'll run late (8PM to 9PM or so), but normally I go to run whenever I wake up. Then again, I run sprints, so I have to be on the track, and being on the track at 10PM isn't exactly fun unless you're not running.

Where I live, it would be impossible to night run without getting hit by a car... although I would really love to do it, and sometimes I go on night walks.

I run night or day, I actually just finished a 40min night run. I run 7 days a week, helps keep me in shape :) I was 5'11" 160lbs a few mnths ago. I have now dropped to about 144 :)...I run on some Air Max Solas by Nike. They are great, but I am curious about the Free v3 (run barefoot shoes). Anyway. You drop a lot of water weight in the day running (cuz of the sweat). Good for burning out toxins in your system, like booze! I spent a week in Cancun for graduation and then I spent a week of running @ 1:30pm ;).

Jake-

I ran last night and it was very hot and humid. My whole chest and back were wet with sweat, and then I ran this morning and it was worse :( I guess certain nights are better than others :p It's still better than running in hot days 100% of the time.

I run night or day, I actually just finished a 40min night run.  I run 7 days a week, helps keep me in shape :) I was 5'11" 160lbs a few mnths ago.  I have now dropped to about 144 :)...I run on some Air Max Solas by Nike.  They are great, but I am curious about the Free v3 (run barefoot shoes).  Anyway.  You drop a lot of water weight in the day running (cuz of the sweat).  Good for burning out toxins in your system, like booze! I spent a week in Cancun for graduation and then I spent a week of running @ 1:30pm ;).

Jake-

586272261[/snapback]

5'11" and 160lbs isn't overweight at all... being 5'11" and 144lbs is pretty much cross country shape, though.

The more i sweat the happier i am. I never was happy playing hockey unless i was drenched. I just love it. Although i generally know i need to hydrate when i see salt crystals forming on my forearms. That's always fun.

Getting toxins out is one really nice thing. I just feel happier and healthier and far more relaxed when i do sports. Unfortunately everyone i know don't work out (unless going to the gym and talking counts) and there aren't many people doing sports after childhood.

Looking at starting a running club @ SFU. Just talked to a chick at "the running store" and she'd be interrested. Anyone @ sfu please lemme know!