[NFL] Ricky Williams rejoins the Miami Dolphins

SOURCE

DAVIE, Fla. -- Back in the Miami Dolphins' backfield Monday, Ricky Williams made all the right moves. First, he showed up.

Advertisement

Then he reached the end zone on his first carry, smiled at cheering fans, apologized for leaving the team in the lurch, said he was done with dope and calmly submitted to a media interrogation regarding his surreal one-year retirement.

One question -- the first one -- momentarily stumped him, though: Why did he return?

"Why? Why? I don't know. I don't know," he said.

Uh-oh. This roller-coaster ride still seems a little rickety.

Not sure if I'd take a chance on this guy, but I understand why they are. Check out his latest look, fashion consultants are calling it the "stinky bum under the bridge look" - it's all the rage. :rofl:

DOLPHINS%20CAMP%20WILLIAMS%20FLSM11007251900_TN.jpg

hmmmmmm, after a year of smoking pot and practicing whateve he was practicing, he gets re-accepted? That is BS, too many others dying to get a shot and they let his ass back in? (N) i saw the special on him on 20/20 he lived in sacramento CA (my hometown) when he was finding himself

:rolleyes:

i remember that 20/20 segment, the guy is pure trash. He throws away making millions to go and smoke pot? The way i see it he was like this, pot? or millions? pot? or millions? i choose the ganga!! Complete waste of talent.

i remember that 20/20 segment, the guy is pure trash. He throws away making millions to go and smoke pot? The way i see it he was like this, pot? or millions? pot? or millions? i choose the ganga!! Complete waste of talent.

586271138[/snapback]

Not only that he let his team and his coach down. he doesn't deserve re-acceptance. How do they know if he won't pull another stunt like that again. I mean they ask him why and the dude can't give a clear answer, real mature ricky real mature (Y)

i agree. he had the opportunity of a lifetime, and he quit. for drugs. if i was on the dolphins, i would not accept him as a teammate. he doesn't deserve this. if he does play, i hope he gets rocked.

i hope he comes back and becomes the best players in the nfl, then does some type of advertising blitz showing kids how much drugs can screw up your life, and its never to late to quit the drugs.

lol, well i guess thats a positive way to look at it.  i don't think many people feel the same though...

586271278[/snapback]

I'd have an MLB Pitcher, pitch a full can of soda straight at his forehead, i'm sure he won't miss

Doesn't matter...Ronnie Brown is the better back anyway.

I hear the pothead is down to 210lbs...how does he think he's going to make it at runningback at 210lbs?

Doesn't matter...Ronnie Brown is the better back anyway.

I hear the pothead is down to 210lbs...how does he think he's going to make it at runningback at 210lbs?

586274346[/snapback]

Check out this fantasy list of RBs, here.

A lot of those guys are 210 or less.

I think it shows the state of NFL. It's getting to be like the NBA where criminals reign supreme. The Dolphins were stupid for taking him back. He's only in it so he doesn't have to pay them the 8 million dollars or whatever it was that he would owe from breaking his contract. I hope you Dolphin fans aren't getting excited and seeing him as the savior of your team. It's not going to happen. He's a scumbag and now he even looks the part.

I can't believe this is the same guy that I used to watch in awe of when he played at Texas. Back then, the guy was not only dominating on the field, but he just seemed so professional. I remember how much admiration he had for Doak Walker and how much the history of college football meant to him.

Now he seems like a self-centered, arrogant jackass who has no identity of himself and zero comprehension of what it means to be a part of a team. It's amazing and at the same time sad. I hope he gets his life sorted out because I saw the same thing happen to Dennis Rodman...and I don't want to go down that road again, watching someone throw their life away.

i agree.  he had the opportunity of a lifetime, and he quit.  for drugs.  if i was on the dolphins, i would not accept him as a teammate.  he doesn't deserve this.  if he does play, i hope he gets rocked.

586271219[/snapback]

kellen winslow style, preferrably.

i hope he comes back and becomes the best players in the nfl, then does some type of advertising blitz showing kids how much drugs can screw up your life, and its never to late to quit the drugs.

586271229[/snapback]

If he beats Priest Holmes or Tomlinson I'll eat my socks ;)

DOLPHINS%20CAMP%20WILLIAMS%20FLSM11007251900_TN.jpg

Ha this is a perfect photoshop image for FARK, I think I am goint to submit it. He looks rediculous. It looks like he was stranded on a deserted island for months without human contact.

I am 99% sure that he is going to get leveled by some defensiveman this season and have some sort of minor injury like a sprained foot. He will whine about it like a little girl and then will retire again. He has that kind of attitude.

Edited by jmole

as a Miami fan i am both pleased, and dissapointed by this move. He probably will help them, but who knows if he will even stay. The NFL used to be about both physical ability and character, but it seems character is no longer needed in sports.

I can't believe this is the same guy that I used to watch in awe of when he played at Texas. Back then, the guy was not only dominating on the field, but he just seemed so professional. I remember how much admiration he had for Doak Walker and how much the history of college football meant to him.

Now he seems like a self-centered, arrogant jackass who has no identity of himself and zero comprehension of what it means to be a part of a team. It's amazing and at the same time sad. I hope he gets his life sorted out because I saw the same thing happen to Dennis Rodman...and I don't want to go down that road again, watching someone throw their life away.

586284790[/snapback]

Everyone should take note, this is exactly what drugs do to you.

If he beats Priest Holmes or Tomlinson I'll eat my socks ;)

586284864[/snapback]

There are plenty of backs that are better than Tomlinson.

Holmes its a good overall player.