Are you sure your not eating genetically modified food?

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sure your not eating genetically modified food?

• Yes
    • No

I could not care if i were. If they can improve on something then good for them. It's harmless imo and can be benficial for a number of reasons.

Got to love that "genetically modified" start to the day:cheeky:

Right on, bigger better foods, they grow faster and hardier, as well as better taisting. What harm is there? But I really don't care, I am a gardener myself, hmmm, just started getting some tomatoes....

Originally posted by Borg77

Are you sure your not eating genetically modified food?

Plus a one to two sentence explanation why you think you are or aren't eating this type of food.

what is wrong with "genetically modified food"? everything that you eat is just about, except for maybe something that you pick from the wild

I could not care if i were. If they can improve on something then good for them. It's harmless imo and can be benficial for a number of reasons.

Yep i agree with Keldyn, if they can make a food better than what it is then i'm for it.

Originally posted by username

what is wrong with "genetically modified food"? everything that you eat is just about, except for maybe something that you pick from the wild

Maybe you should ask yourself why the Europeans don't want any GMO food into their countries or any of our genetically modified food.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/business/Da...tech000120.html

http://europa.eu.int/comm/dgs/health_consu...peech124_en.pdf

I am not against the genetically modified food...but I do want to see what is other people reaction against it and there must be proof where the genetically modified food is safe to eat.

i'm sure i'm eating them, though i'd rather not be. Kraft food products are (almost) all modified, as is Tombstone pizza, there are a few others that I read about that most of us eat, just can't remember the brands.

i think they should just have to label the foods when they are modified like that. they already label foods that have the potential to cause allergic reactions, they label foods with herbs in them, why not label those that have been changed from the way God meant for them to be.

it would cost large companies something like 30 extra cents to print a few more words on their labels, at least then we'd all have a choice

I have no problem with modified food, and I bet those living in extremely poor countries that now or soon will be able to grow genetically altered grain meant to grow in poor soil/little water environments won't mind being able to eat food, be it modified or not.

I dont know whats wrong with genetically modified foods. Its just as good as non modified foods, if not better. Its the SAME DAMN THING!

i think you guys that see no problem with it being modified aren't really aware that modified food is not very healthy.

it contains products that sometimes are hazardous to your health and may help cause cancer and other diseases like that...

i don't know if i eat food like that when i buy at a supermarket, but i hope it's not modified as i try to keep myself away from that kind of food