Feel like iTunes has screwed me over :|

Heres the situation. I just downloaded 6 tracks from iTunes (all part of the same album). Once I had paid for and downloaded them, I find that they are just EXCERPTS of the whole tracks! After widening the "name" column to fit all the text, it says "(excerpt)" at the end of each track... i'm quite annoyed about this and feel like i've wasted my money. If I complained to iTunes do you think they would listen?

I doubt it. I lost some purchased music even after the fact I was able to verify the license and unlock the content on a new computer. iTunes can kiss my ass, and I won't make the effort to strive to keep it completely legal if the companies providing the means to do so bite the hand that feeds them.

This is part of the problem with piracy. You have everyone out to make a buck, and the consumer is the one that gets screwed as soon as the money changes hands.

Have had nothing but issues with "legit" online downloads. MSN Music Store (for example) being jackasses and not helping when they charged me for music but their site errored and wouldn't allow me to download.

Also tried to buy an album off Amazon (although I had seen it for download and got 1 track to sample). "Sorry, delay in shipping", "Sorry album not available for 4-6 weeks","Order cancelled, sorry album not available".

That's why if I want music legitimately, I buy it in store. Otherwise, illegitimate suits me fine, I tried...

Wouldn't that be your fault cos you didn't expanded the bars to view the whole name of the song first?

586291002[/snapback]

No, I was led to believe that iTunes sells only FULL tracks. Would you pay for a demo of a game?

I sent them an email, it reads as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently purchased 6 tracks from the iTunes music store. Upon paying for and listening to the tracks, I find that they are only excerpts, and not the full tracks. The file names do include the word excerpt, but this was concealed as the column was not wide enough to fit the whole of the track title. I feel that I have wasted my money on this purchase, and I was led to believe that iTunes only sold full tracks, not excerpts. The mentioned tracks are named as follows:

Concerto for Piano No. 1 in E minor Op. 11: I. Allegro maestoso (Excerpt)

Concerto for Piano No. 1 in E minor Op. 11: II. Romance: Larghetto (Excerpt)

Concerto for Piano No. 1 in E minor Op. 11: III. Rondo: Vivace (Excerpt)

Concerto for Piano No. 2 in F minor Op. 21: I. Maestoso (Excerpt)

Concerto for Piano No. 2 in F minor Op. 21: II. Larghetto (Excerpt)

Concerto for Piano No. 2 in F minor Op. 21: III. Allegro vivace (Excerpt)

Up until this point I have thoroughly enjoyed purchasing music via the iTunes music store. Your assistance on this issue will be appreciated, and I await the matter to be resolved so that I can continue to use the service as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mr x xxxxx

I will wait for their response, but I won't let this one lie!

They're prolly just going to send a reply telling you that they're sorry for the inconvenience, but in reality, you mean nothing to them so tough turds. Companies don't give a toss about what customers want beyond what it takes to get them to buy stuff from them. You're just a drop in the hat. Sucks, but thats life these days. :(

Where were you "lead to believe" that iTunes only sells full tracks?

586291065[/snapback]

I was led to believe they only sell full tracks around the same time they FAILED TO SPECIFY THEY SELL EXCERPTS! Putting it at the end of a very long track name just isnt good enough.

If you were to go into the supermarket and buy a large bottle of coke, then discover that they only half fill it at the factory, wouldn't you be ****ed off? Then when you peel off the label, it has "sample" printed on the inside, i.e. CONCEALED, wouldn't you feel cheated? That's whats happened here.

In a supermarket I see the bottle. I agree their labelling on itunes isn't the most helpful, but they were marked as excerpts (as you have shown).

In a supermarket I see the bottle.  I agree their labelling on itunes isn't the most helpful, but they were marked as excerpts (as you have shown).

586291092[/snapback]

No, you didnt understand what I said. I said if "sample" was printed on the INSIDE of the label. Therefore it still says "sample", but its concealed. Of course in this example we are dealing with a bottle which isn't transparent.

They're prolly just going to send a reply telling you that they're sorry for the inconvenience, but in reality, you mean nothing to them so tough turds. Companies don't give a toss about what customers want beyond what it takes to get them to buy stuff from them. You're just a drop in the hat. Sucks, but thats life these days. :(

586291045[/snapback]

Apple are generally pretty hot on customer service.. you might be surprised at the outcome here.

Apple are generally pretty hot on customer service.. you might be surprised at the outcome here.

586291104[/snapback]

If they have any sense they will either refund the cash, or let me set it against another product. They will be losing a lot more if I stop using the service because they mess me around on this matter. Hopefully it will get resolved quickly :)

itunes have always been good when it comes to 'lost' or broken items.

I have a feeling you will get a reply appologising and either a token to re-download the full versions or the money back.

Rich

itunes have always been good when it comes to 'lost' or broken items.

I have a feeling you will get a reply appologising  and either a token to re-download the full versions or the money back.

Rich

586291192[/snapback]

Sounds hopeful :) Have you had a similar experience before?

Whilst I wish you the best of luck in getting a refund, I'm not too sure it will happen. Although I've never used iTunes before, it would seem that they havn't exactly done anything wrong. All I suggest that in future you take a bit more time and care and make sure that you're downloading exactly what you want.

I do wish you the best of luck though with getting a refund :)

I sent them an email, it reads as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

...letter follows...

Regards,

Mr x xxxxx

I will wait for their response, but I won't let this one lie!

586291028[/snapback]

*applause* Good for realizing you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Most people probably would've written an angry rant to them.

Well I had an email today confirming that iTunes will issue a refund :) Heres the full email I received:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the iTunes Music Store.

We have issued a refund for ?4.74 for this accidental purchase. The credit will be posted to your account shortly. Note: We are only able to provide a refund for an accidental purchase once. This is an exception to our terms of sale.

To avoid accidental purchases in the future, we recommend that you configure iTunes to use the Shopping Cart for your music purchases. Just follow these easy steps:

1. Open iTunes.

2. If you're using a Mac, choose Preferences from the iTunes menu. If you're using Windows, choose Preferences from the Edit menu.

3. Click the green Music Store icon.

4. Select Buy using a Shopping Cart.

5. Click OK.

To view the contents of your Shopping Cart in iTunes, follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.

2. In the Source list on the left-hand side of the iTunes window, click on the green Music Store icon.

3. If multiple people use your computer, make sure you're signed in to the correct account.

4. If the Shopping Cart icon is not visible under the Music Store icon, click the small grey triangle next to the Music Store icon to display it.

5. Click the Shopping Cart icon to review the contents.

After you have added songs, albums, or audiobooks to your Shopping Cart, you may purchase individual selections or the entire contents of your Shopping Cart.

Purchase your entire Shopping Cart

Review your purchases and the total cost carefully. The total cost is displayed to the left of the Buy Now button in the bottom right corner of the Shopping Cart window. When you're ready, click the Buy Now button.

Purchase one item at a time from your Shopping Cart

Click the Buy Now button to the right of the item in your Shopping Cart. To buy multiple items, click the Buy Now button to the right of each item. Note: You can't purchase multiple items by holding down the shift key.

Remove an item from your Shopping Cart

Click the X to the right of Buy Now. Or, select the item and press the Delete key.

When you buy items in your Shopping Cart, they are downloaded into your iTunes library and placed in your Purchased Music playlist.

Important: All sales are final. Once you click to buy the items in your shopping cart, you cannot cancel the purchase. Your credit card is charged each time you click the Buy Now button.

Sincerely,

The iTunes Music Store team

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

A good result:))