[Soccer] My Day with AC Milan

So Today I went to the Adidas store in Manhattan where they unveiled Milan's home jersey for the year. They had the team there to sign autographs as well :woot: . Everyone who is here in the States was at the signing. I got to shake Gilardino's hand!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: Unfortunately, they didn't let us take pics WITH the players just of them. The place was PACKED. Got all of them to sign a white Milan away jersey. I plan on framing it :D. Posted just a few pics below. It was a great day and worth the wait. Now I get to go see them play Chelsea at Giants Stadium on Sunday :D .

Gilardino :woot:

P7290016.jpg

Pirlo :D

P7290015.jpg

Gattuso :D

P7290009.jpg

Nesta :D

P7290017.jpg

Pirlo, Gilardino, Nesta :D

P7290007.jpg

So Today I went to the Adidas store in Manhattan where they unveiled Milan's home jersey for the year. They had the team there to sign autographs as well :woot: . Everyone who is here in the States was at the signing. I got to shake Gilardino's hand!!!!!!!! :woot:  :woot: Unfortunately, they didn't let us take pics WITH the players just of them. The place was PACKED. Got all of them to sign a white Milan away jersey. I plan on framing it :D. Posted just a few pics below. It was a great day and worth the wait. Now I get to go see them play Chelsea at Giants Stadium on Sunday :D .

Gilardino :woot:

P7290016.jpg

Pirlo :D

P7290015.jpg

Gattuso :D

P7290009.jpg

Nesta :D

P7290017.jpg

Pirlo, Gilardino, Nesta :D

P7290007.jpg

586293648[/snapback]

LUKYYYYYYYYYYY MAN IM SUCH A BIG FAN OF AC MILAN I WISH I WAS U..........I LIVE IN MALTA AND RUMOR HAS IT DAT THEY R ON THEIR WAY 2 MALTA NEXT SUMMA CAN'T WAIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

And don't they look so happy to be there. :D

(Peter Cook)

586293838[/snapback]

Sorry off topic but how come at the end of everyone of your posts it has a different name ? :wacko:

Sorry off topic but how come at the end of everyone of your posts it has a different name ?  :wacko:

586294271[/snapback]

work it out, it's not that hard (But thats another story :blush: ).

on topic, I never realy got into football. I was more of a rugby league player. But I see how it can be so breathtaking meeting someone who earns ?100,000 per week while you may pay ?50 upwards per week from your wage to see them on the field of play:D:D

(Roddy McDowall, Phil Hartman)

Woah! Just one question, what's the actually different in the shirt? lol.

586294265[/snapback]

The sponsors name. This year it says Zafira instead of Opel. And also they had to take the scudetto off since Juve won it this year. I personally didn't go for the unveiling but for the autographs lol. And to meet my idol Gilardino :D .

LUKYYYYYYYYYYY MAN IM SUCH A BIG FAN OF AC MILAN I WISH I WAS U..........I LIVE IN MALTA AND RUMOR HAS IT DAT THEY R ON THEIR WAY 2 MALTA NEXT SUMMA CAN'T WAIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

586293831[/snapback]

from were you are ? :p

The Milan-Chelsea game at Giants Stadium today ended in a 1-1 tie. Chelsea struck first with Drogba putting one in the back of the net on a partial breakaway. Milan answered with a beautiful curling shot by Rui Costa that just curled in off of the inside of the post. The game overall was kind of sloppy, which was understandable since both teams are rather early in their training. Vieri had a goal that was disallowed on what seemed to be a phantom offisdes. Of course, I'm a bit biased.

Milan warm-ups

P7310027.jpg

P7310031.jpg

P7310026.jpg

Starting Lineups

P7310082.jpg

Action

P7310088.jpg

we're there a lot of people at the signing? I know not many ppl in the US follow soccer. I know when they came to Toronto though they sold out every game at Skydome

Was Andriy Shevchenko there? I would be glad of getting pictures of Gilardino, Pirlo, Gattuso and Nesta but Shevchenko's the real deal with being 1 of the 3 players nominated for player of the year.

we're there a lot of people at the signing? I know not many ppl in the US follow soccer. I know when they came to Toronto though they sold out every game at Skydome

586312676[/snapback]

The whole store was packed for the signing, two floors, but the game drew only just over 30,000 unfortunately.

Was Andriy Shevchenko there? I would be glad of getting pictures of Gilardino, Pirlo, Gattuso and Nesta but Shevchenko's the real deal with being 1 of the 3 players nominated for player of the year.

586312731[/snapback]

Sheva didn't come to the States. He was doing extra training at Milanello because of the surgery he had on his orbital bone.

hehe hope you had fun. Personally, i would have gone their wearing a Liverpool shirt.

They probably didnt look too happy maybe cause there was a scouser there lol.

:laugh: :p

The whole store was packed for the signing, two floors, but the game drew only just over 30,000 unfortunately.

586314442[/snapback]

That sucks, I would pay 2 times the ticket price to see those 2 teams play.