August Desktops

Does Blackbox really save you resources or anything? I've always liked your blackbox setup, I'm thinking I'll switch to it..

586346739[/snapback]

if you do the blackbox.exe -install, then this way you kill explorer.exe which use far less memory

but this way, you need an alternative to browse your file

I personally use, xplorer2 the free edition

shen seems to not have -installed it and keep explorer.exe installed

so blackbox run as another application and his version doesnt style toolbar, versus bblean does

My machine:

aug_2005.JPG

Sorry for the lack of images - Not long formatted my machine.

My Server/Missus' Machine:

aug_2005.JPG

Thats ma Jack Russell on the Server ;)

post-111446-1123627339_thumb.jpg

Slight change to mine. New cursor and a Vista WindowBlinds skin. Still stickin' with my fave wallpaper tho :D

if you do the blackbox.exe -install, then this way you kill explorer.exe which use far less memory

but this way, you need an alternative to browse your file

I personally use, xplorer2 the free edition

shen seems to not have -installed it and keep explorer.exe installed

so blackbox run as another application and his version doesnt style toolbar, versus bblean does

586352543[/snapback]

actually, i'm not sure what i've done that's so special, but i always use the -install switch to set it as my default shell, but explorer never pops up as a process for me. i can open 20 folders/windows and never see a whisper of explorer.exe.

*shrugs*

dunno what i've done, but that's how it's worked for me on all the pc's i've installed bbox on.

open-folder.png

I use BBlean as the default shell and explorer as the file manager.

Whenever I start explorer as a file manager, I see the explorer process start using about 11meg. When I close the file manager, the process stops as one would expect.

Strange that we have different experiences. :wacko:

Kinda tired of customizing Win XP. Gone back to the default Windows XP icons together with Luna Element 3 (which is like the default Win XP Luna theme but much more cleaner and nicer). The only customized in this screenshot is the Miranda Clist.

050810_thumb.png

actually, i'm not sure what i've done that's so special, but i always use the -install switch to set it as my default shell, but explorer never pops up as a process for me. i can open 20 folders/windows and never see a whisper of explorer.exe.

*shrugs*

dunno what i've done, but that's how it's worked for me on all the pc's i've installed bbox on.

open-folder.png

586353045[/snapback]

darn this is true buddy

I've never tried because I've always used xplorer2 with bblean haha

but when you do windowkey+e, windows explorer opens but no explorer.exe in the taskmanager :)

btw, what is the font ur using?

also, do you use xoblite to or bblean?

8-9.png

Siro - Modded (NFR)

Powered Icons by Susumu (WIP)

586353678[/snapback]

what icons are those?

--edit--

never mind, stupid question...

better question, can i have a LINK to the icons?...:p

--edit^2--

again, stupid question...

btw, what is the font ur using?

also, do you use xoblite to or bblean?

586353449[/snapback]

on my 'tower' pic, i'm using segoe ui. on my 'laptop' pic (the one i just used above, also), i'm using the longhorn font 'candara.'

i use the bblean .exe, but without all the extra stuff. just the bblean executable with all the normal bb4win .rc's and .dll's.