Dana Jacobson on ESPN Radio What's your impression

I was listening to ESPN radio as I sometimes do and noticed this week that Dan Patrick was not in and there was a fill-in host. Dana Jacobson is her name. By the end of the show today (having listened to her on Monday, Tuesday and now Wednesday) I was left with the impression that I actually liked her as host better than Dan Patrick.

She seemed consistently professional, did not have that "whiny" tone that Patrcik somtimes gets and seemed to take the topics more seriously than many hosts do. She expressed well reasoned points of view, was thoughful in her explanations of her stances, did a good job handling callers and interviewing guests. Had a good, even radio voice as well, which makes listening in long stretches much easier for me.

So, it got me wondering. Did anybody else happen to listen during this week, and if so, what were your impressions of her and the show?

Thanks,

BK

Haven't heard her on the radio but might tune in tomorrow or Friday. I HAVE seen her on ESPN2's "Cold Pizza" though and found her to be an excellent host. I don't know how that would translate to radio but seems to have worked for her according to you. Definitely might have to check it out. I was a regular ESPN Radio listener for quite some time and for some reason just kind of drew away from it. Maybe this will jumpstart my listenership again.

• 2 months later...
Haven't heard her on the radio but might tune in tomorrow or Friday. I HAVE seen her on ESPN2's "Cold Pizza" though and found her to be an excellent host. I don't know how that would translate to radio but seems to have worked for her according to you. Definitely might have to check it out. I was a regular ESPN Radio listener for quite some time and for some reason just kind of drew away from it. Maybe this will jumpstart my listenership again.

586320854[/snapback]

As an old acquaintance from Sacramento when she was at KXTV Channel 10, I was for one, very impressed with her job here and she also hosted a radio show on KHTK, home of the Kings, called the insiders. She was needless to say AWESOME on both medums and I'm very happy for her in her position with ESPN. She is definiely an asset to them and to the sporting world! (Ok besides being very hot as well! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blush: :rolleyes: :blush: :blush:)

obnoxious font removed