2 printers & 2 computers

ok guys here's the problem:

I need to use 2 printers via 2 computers WITHOUT networking them and using one as a print server...

...so both comps can use both printers...

at the mo 1 comp is connected to 2 printes using a 2 port printer switch any ideas???

Thanks alot

You can use both printers with a network, put a single printer on easch computer and use Microsoft Networking, to share the printers, it is realy simple!

You can use both printers with a network, put a single printer on easch computer and use Microsoft Networking, to share the printers, it is realy simple! And Cheap,

2 $20 NIC Cards

1 $9 Crossover cable, unless you can make one

sorry maybe i didn't make it clear enough

I need to use 2 printers via 2 computers WITHOUT networking them

Wait!

I think I've found a possible solution. There is an IEEE-1284 switch allows two PCs to share two parallel printers or parallel port devices (Zip drives, scanners, digital cameras etc.). :)

Here is the link, looks like a US site selling it for $50 (reduced from $90 :ditsy: ).

http://www.cwol.com/ieee22.htm

BTW, nice cleanup of voodoo's code configure :D

Ok, connect your printer1 to computer1 and printer2 to computer2. Now as for a printer switch you can try that but I do not know it it will be smart enough to know the difference. I quit buying those a few years ago because they became outdated in my opinion. It is much easier to set-up a network.

Maybe you can try parrallel connections. I know windows9X has this feature. It is like establishing a newtwork but it is not really. I am not sure if Windows XP home/pro have this feature because I have a network setup.

If this is not a option for you, then you are out of luck I think. Sorry, I do not think you wanted to hear this but this is my oprion.

belto...

Cheers aco i just brought it (?68 converted) and thanks configure, silly me using html insted of VB Code :cheeky: