MSN Explorer vs Internet Explorer

30 members have voted

1. 1. MSN Explorer vs Internet Explorer

• Internet Explorer
    • MSN Explorer
    • Other

Which do you use? Why?

Right now I'm using MSN explorer because of the integration of the .net passport. Calendar, Music, Mobile, Messanger, Communities, Sports, Weather...etc. I just wish it was more customizable. They basically decided the layout for you. I wish they just took IE and added a couple things here and there and made it so they were combined, so you could decide which parts of which browser could be used. Thats just my two cents.

jgallen

I saw MSN explorer is a waste of time. I have never used it and wont ever. It's just internet explorer with everything tied together in one place... not everyone would like that, hence the reason alot of people hate AOL (other than because it just plain sux) MSN Explorer is like AOL... for newbies and you wouldn't see any powerusers choose it over NetScape or IE.

More screen size in Internet Explorer. In MSN Explorer, you only have a 800x600 viewable size (near enough) in a 1024x768 resolution...

I have to say that I prefer IE6 - I love it, with MSN although it may look good it cannot handle all codes compared to IE6. Even though IE6 uses up more memory - I'll go for this every time :ramo:

Originally posted by DjmUK

I have to say that I prefer IE6 - I love it, with MSN although it may look good it cannot handle all codes compared to IE6. Even though IE6 uses up more memory - I'll go for this every time :ramo:

MSN uses the what ever version of IE you have on your system to render the websites, so if you upgrade to a beta version of IE7 (or whatever is next) your MSN runs the beta.