[NFL] Ty Law Signs with Jets

ty was my boy with michigan :)

i liked him and brady on the same team, sad to see him leave. i think he still has it, assuming he recovered 100%.

Ty is still a great player, the Pats will be sorry they let him go..... Especially to a division rival. That'll come back to bite em in the a$$

586345238[/snapback]

If Law speaks up about the Patriots schemes than this could be big. I think Law is a great player but I just don't see this as a huge win for the Jets. Its good, but I don't think it will impact their D too much.

If Law speaks up about the Patriots schemes than this could be big.  I think Law is a great player but I just don't see this as a huge win for the Jets.  Its good, but I don't think it will impact their D too much.

586357807[/snapback]

Well, thanks to his age his talent impact its not going to be as great. The great Ty Law we saw playing years ago in the patriots is no more. But still his impact its not going to be talent wise but in spirit, about morale. That will be huge.

Hope it works out for him.

Incentive filled contracts can be a win-win and hopefully will be in this case.

The deal could be worth as much as $28.5 million for the first three years and as much as $50 million over seven years, agent Carl Poston said. The contract is laden with incentives -- among them leading the Jets to the Super Bowl -- and has options for both sides.

Well, thanks to his age his talent impact its not going to be as great. The great Ty Law we saw playing years ago in the patriots is no more. But still his impact its not going to be talent wise but in spirit, about morale. That will be huge.

I do wish contracts in the NFL were guaranteed.

586357834[/snapback]

Agreed, but I think thats something that the Jets could use. Especially on the defenisvce side. They don't have any leader as far as I can think of. Abraham? Too young, Ty Law might give them something to rally about. Anyone know any comparison of the defensive schemes for the two teams?