PlayStation 2 Component Cables don't work

I just bought some PS2 component cables for my SCPH-39001 PS2. My TV is a Philips 46PP9302 Epic 46" Digital Widescreen HDTV-Ready TV.

My PS2 is all set to use component cable and all I get is the sound. The picture that shows up is a bunch of blurry lines the go up. The lines are the proper colors.

Can anyone tell me what I need to make these cables work?

Hook up the normal set of A/V cables to the PS2, go into system configuration and make sure "Component Video Out" is set to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr and NOT RGB, that might be your problem.

Just plugging in component cables to the PS2 doesn't make the output 480P, its 480i until you enable 480P in a game that supports it. So I don't see why it would matter if the input supports progressive scan. My SCPH-30001 works perfectly with my sony component cables. Maybe there is a compatability issue with your tv? If your ps2 is set to component in the interface maybe you could go to an electronics store, act like you are interested in a new tv and bring the ps2 with components along to test some tvs.

My component cables also work on my SCPH-70012 (my older PS2 stopped reading cd games and newer dvd games...grumble).