.torrent loads up Azureus but nothing happens

When I click on a torrent file it loads up Azureus but it doesn't ask where to download and nothing downloads. To get it to work I have to load Azureus first or click on the torrent file then go to file>open torrent to actually load up the torrent and start downloading. Is there a way so that when you click on the torrent file it opens up Azureus and ask where to download and automatically start downloading, just like it does in windows, or is my Azureus just broken.

No it isn't, that's not right at all. Mine has worked fine for nearly two years.

There is something not right with your Azureus install if that is how it is.

What that might be I am not sure - but at a guess I would say that you don't have permission to write to the default directory that Azureus is attempting to save torrents to. Azureus looks at the file, then looks at the download directory and decides it's a no go.

Well that's my guess. I'm sure others will have some suggestions too.

GJ

That has happened to me before but it seems like it is pretty sporadic. Sometimes it will open up Azureus fine and sometimes it will just sit there thinking away. It might have something to do with whether or not Azureus is currently open or has been opened on that particular session... :unsure:

Ok I found out how to get it working, Right click on the torrent file, go to properties then click on the open with tab, click add then use custom command and type /usr/bin/azureus then press add you can also do the same thing with firefox so that when you download a torrent file it automatically loads up azureus and ask u to download