ADSL or Cable

10 members have voted

1. 1. ADSL or Cable

• ADSL
    • Cable

Cable. Cable has WAY ( 250 % better!) better upload thant Bell's ADSL. Also, you are not always connected through ADSL. Although, Sympatico HS (Bell Canada's version of ADSL) is more steady than cable, and Rogers has some pretty uhhh... questionable IT management sometimes ( and strange things like port scans every day) - but they are really nice when you have a problem.

Note: The speeds only apply to the above providers.

Neither is better than the other. It all depends on the service provider. Both offer various levels of high speed internet access generally at similar prices. You'll have to look into the quality of the service you get from the providers you are considering. Both ADSL and cable are great when they are working well.

Cable, for sure. I cannot beat the cost nor the service. My provider started using one company for services but switched about a year ago. It has been great since the switch. The download and upload speeds are awesome and none of the "cable modem slowdowns" like in the commercials. I do have an advantage though. DSL is available here and our community is small so 1/3 have DSL, 1/3 cable, and 1/3 dialup. Keeps speeds pretty quick. ;)

Cable here and loving it.. never had a problem. So to answer your question, get cable because it's faster and less outages. DSL has problems with speeds and drops and it's more expensive. So why would you want to pay more for less speed? The point of broadband is to get really fast speeds isn't it?;)

if you live in a fairly populated area. i would stay away from cable. you share your speed with everyone around you. i'd go for dsl, because you are given you're own. in some places the cable company caps the internet off at a really low speed. atleast with dsl you are guaranteed your speed.

though i can't wait till college and t3 lines.