WebMail Poll

40 members have voted

1. 1. WebMail Poll

• Yes, I use hotmail, Yahoo or other account and plan to keep it.
    • Yes, but I am looking for a better account/site.
    • No, I plan to keep my ISP's POP3 account.
    • Whats WebMail?

With all of the recent cutbacks and "restrainments" on free web based email providers such as Hotmail, I thought I'd create a poll and just see what everyone's opinion on all of this is.

I agree and hopefully I can salvage some users for my WebMail that I'm working on.

www.modemnet.net is my business and I've really tried hard especially recently to make my webmail be a bit better than the others. Will it give everyone the high flying precision of Hotmail with a 45 billion dollar company behind them? No. But will it give the end user all the features hotmail is taking away with a clean interface? Now that is a definate yes. If you are looking at a webmail provider check my site out. :)

I use easynews mail now, nice and simple without restriction, although I think you have to be an easynews subscriber to use it. Have a msn account but only use that to communicate with other people when they choose the email option on messanger. Also use a free POP account sometimes and keep my ISP account to use for business.

Unfortunatly our webscanners/proxies at work prevent any webmail access as it's against company security policy (due to viruses) to allow webmail access :(

My @Mac account is pretty much perfect, no limits, no spam, can use it with Microsoft Entourage, Outlook express, Outlook, Mail etc. Pretty sweet account, I can access it from PC's as well which helps.

my @mac and @myrealbox are the only free webmail accounts i have left that are spam free. :sleeping:

and i had around 30 different accounts at one time :p

Originally posted by Dazzla

My @Mac account is pretty much perfect, no limits, no spam, can use it with Microsoft Entourage, Outlook express, Outlook, Mail etc. Pretty sweet account, I can access it from PC's as well which helps.

5 meg limit :( even still thats 3 mb more than hotmail

I like my private email account iused to have web mail access and pop2 and stmp but I had to disable it due to an ISP change hopefully I can get mine back up soon

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

5 meg limit :( even still thats 3 mb more than hotmail

Never knew that. I'm far far away from approaching that. I only use my @Mac account to contact people I know. The @theseed.net is used for signing up to stuff.

i forward timdorr&timdorr,com to my yahoo! mail account.

with their uber new beta interface (if you haven't tried it yet, it rocks!) and the fact I basically get free webmail, I don't see why not to use it :D

I use MSN Hotmail... for some weird reason I don't get junk mail like everybody else does. Since I don't usualy send attachments anyways - the limited 512k files size doesn't bother me, and since I usualy delete mail or move it to my hard drive the 2 MB limit for storage doesn't bother me either.