Who will be the winner of English League this year

Who do you think will be the winner?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the winner?

• Arsenal
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Man Utd
    • other

Probably Chelsea although I am a Red (Liverpool fan)

So i'm praying we do it, after last year there's alot of expectation in Liverpool.

So who knows But yea Chelsea have a strong squad. Looking like it's theirs again.

The question "Who will be the winner of English League this year?" and "who do you like best?" are different questions.

Chelsea will win it,

Liverpool are my team though,

Im voting Liverpool because im a true red!

Utd are going to win it this year. They've gone off to a great start to the season. Utd have built up a great squad and now they seem the only team to challenge Chelsea. And I believe they will win the premiership.

Anyone who voted Liverpool is misguided. There is no chance in hell that they will win the league. They may be amazing in Europe, their style of football suits it, but they cannot and will not win the premiership this season. Their squad, although full of good players, is not good enough to contend with 'the big three' of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man UTD. When lower teams go to Anfield they aim for at least a point, whereas they are less optimistic when they go to the likes of Old Trafford, Stanford Bridge or Highbury.

I think that unless Chelsea really mess up, which they have potential to do this year, they really can't lose the title. Man UTD and Arsenal may not be quite as strong as Chelsea at this moment, but they are still far superior to all the other teams in the premiership and it will certainly be one of these three that wins the leage this season.

This may sounds like I am condemning Liverpool to 4th spot. This is not necessarily so, they could finnish third, or at a real push, second. I just don't think they are anywhere near good enough to win the title.

- Edit

This poll is equally confusing because the poll asks who will win, whereas the first post asks who do you like best. I 'like' Liverpool best, but this is not the poll question.

very interesting point of view farsight, how ever i do feel that it is a little misguided.

Your "Cannot" statement seems very difinitive, i would like to know quite why you are so sure.

Everyone wrote off Liverpools chances in europe at every round last year and look what happened there!!

As a true red i voted for Liverpool, however i think that chelsea will take some stopping once again this year. Another ?60+ million spent, another title bought.

I've a feeling that Chelsea will perform a treble like what Man Utd did in 1999. With their current squad, luck, reputation and managerial leadership, it is hard not to put my money on them. Welcome to the Chelsea dynasty.

Can't see anyone else winning but Chelsea, Man U 2nd, Arsenal 3rd, then maybe Liverpool or Middlesborough for 4th Spot

586396955[/snapback]

Boro for 4th?!? Never gonna happen.

I don't care about the premiership anymore as Southampton were relagated so i concentrating on the first division. At the moment they're doing pretty well.

As for the Premiership, it is between Arsenal and Chelsea, My money is on Chelsea though.

always be the Red Devil's honest fan

Man UTD have a great beginning of the season.

i have to accept that Chelsea is very powerful,Mourinho is a genius. but Man UTD has a big chance to defeat them and win the champion.

very interesting point of view farsight, how ever i do feel that it is a little misguided.

Your "Cannot" statement seems very difinitive, i would like to know quite why you are so sure.

Everyone wrote off Liverpools chances in europe at every round last year and look what happened there!!

As a true red i voted for Liverpool, however i think that chelsea will take some stopping once again this year.  Another ?60+ million spent, another title bought.

586443313[/snapback]

I don't think I am being misguided, I think I am being perfectly reasonable. I do not believe Liverpool are good enough to win the league ahead of the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man UTD. They are a team which play much better in Europe than they do in the premiership. Their game, and the game Benitez has them playing, is much more suited to the European and International game than the Premiership. They lack the grit that is needed in the english league, a grit that is shown in the physical nature of Man UTD and Chelsea particularly. Their physical attributes and ability to play a tight game make them much more suited to the campaign than Liverpool. They also lack the diversity. Take away Gerrard and the team appears to lose its way and does not play so well. What happens if Gerrard gets injured or has a bad spell, like in the league last season? Chelsea and Man UTD particularly are suited to changng personell should the liks of Lampard, Terry or Rooney get injured who are debatably their best players.

I like Liverpool, I am just sure they will not win the league. This is why I am so confident in my statement that 'Liverpool cannot win the premiership this season'. Again, like I said in my previous post, Liverpool are my favorite of the four teams. Being a Spurs fan, I obviously hate Arsenal. I also don't like the way Chelsea appear to be buying the title, and I am adverse to Man UTD after the 'Roy Carrol vs Mendes goal-that-wasn't' incident.

- FaRSightxc2:))

Edited by farsightxc2

Pompey Boy here.

Think it will always be between the big three.

Chelsea

Man Utd

Arsenal

I think Sunderland, Wigan and West Brom to go down. Pompey are too good for the fizzy pop league lol and plus we only got about 3 players from last season that play

I hate to say this but Chelski will buy the title again. Man utd will be second (although it will be a lot closer, maybe only a few points) followed by Arsenal (I think they will strugle without Viera)

Although saying that when Arsenal went on their 49 game unbeaten run nobody thought that the defeat by Man Utd would have affected them so much so you never know, Chelski havn't had a bad run yet so I think their time is due :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

I think Chelsea will take the title again this year. The signing of Del Horno will prove to be one of Mourinho's best defensive signings so far, and although i still think they need a goalscorer who can get 25-30 a season, bringing Crespo back into the frame can only be good, especially after the season he had with Milan last year. And Michael Essien will prove to be real quality once he finds his premiership feet.

Chelsea have a better strength in depth than their closest rivals this season, and providing their top players can stay fit, i reckon they will do it again, but hopefully closer title race than last season.

Probably Chelsea although I am a Red (Liverpool fan)

So i'm praying we do it, after last year there's alot of expectation in Liverpool.

So who knows But yea Chelsea have a strong squad. Looking like it's theirs again.

586396908[/snapback]

same...... liverpool mite do it :rolleyes: