[NHL] Comcast and OLN new home for NHL games

Downfall my you know what, ESPN is probably ****ed they didn't renew now. I don't care what anyone says, there is a buzz about the NHL again. People will want to come to games, especially when Pittsburgh rolls into town. All the teams are damn near equal, this will be the best season in a long time.

People will want to come to games, especially when Pittsburgh rolls into town.

maybe i missed something, pens will still be the same... :sleep:

too bad for espn, but i won't miss it, their commentary was horrible.

Downfall my you know what, ESPN is probably ****ed they didn't renew now. I don't care what anyone says, there is a buzz about the NHL again. People will want to come to games, especially when Pittsburgh rolls into town. All the teams are damn near equal, this will be the best season in a long time.

586396433[/snapback]

ESPN had the option to match any offer made by any network but they decided not to. I dont think theyre ****ed at all. It's too bad that the only way to watch hockey in America, besides some local stations (if they still are allowed to show games) is twice a week on the Outdoor Life Channel.... seriously. Thats like watching Home Makeovers on ESPN.

ESPN got crap ratings for NHL games, and like Bayrider said, they were given the option to match the offer and had a good while to think over it. Then again, though, they only plugged the games in on ESPN2 mostly (and even then it was rare to see an NHL game), so I can't say I'm sad -- now I'll actually be able to watch the games. I doubt most fans who aren't exactly hardcore feel the same way, though.

well hopefully ratings are above what Comcast expects and they televise more games or create a new station strictly for sports/hockey. U never know, this lockout wasn't for nothing so there may be a positive to it. I sure as hell hope so.

And as for reading ur mind Scorpio, i think they say that great minds think alike, fortunately we can both agree that the habs rule :)

i can see it now...

Comimg up:

6:00 - Suvivorman

7:00PM - NHL - Detroit vs. Colorado

9:00PM - Pilot Guides

10:00PM - Suvivorman

from that, it doesn't fit...

what the hell....i don't think i get the OLN channel. and i don't have comcast. (i'm in the US) so what options does that leave me? nothing?

maybe i missed something, pens will still be the same...  :sleep:

too bad for espn, but i won't miss it, their commentary was horrible.

586396503[/snapback]

Um, Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux? Id say you missed something...

Hopefully OLN puts some life into the broadcasts. Most US markets have never had a product to compare with HNIC (except for the northern border cities).

I've also read a report that OLN will have 58 exclusive Hi-Def games on their new OLN HD channel!

BroChaos, OLN is carried by DirecTV.

586400910[/snapback]

well crap, i have dishnetwork. i just scrolled through all my channels and didn't see it... :( man this sucks.

im sure in canada CBC will still be doing hockey night in canada.

586410848[/snapback]

Yes, we are talking about the US broadcasts.

well crap, i have dishnetwork.  i just scrolled through all my channels and didn't see it... :( man this sucks.

586410883[/snapback]

Satellite: 110

Channel: 151

Transponder: 1

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/program...sp?NetwID=50357

what the hell....i don't think i get the OLN channel.  and i don't have comcast.  (i'm in the US) so what options does that leave me?  nothing?

586398344[/snapback]

i am in the same boat man... lets see what CRAPcast can do with the NHL. Hopefully it wont become the next G4 :cry: :cry: :cry: