Nike Free

OK, so I was at Dick's today and I saw 2 versions:

308822_411_A.jpg

nike_free.jpg

I think I like the strapped one better, but is there any difference? The kid at Dick's said no, but I'm unsure.

Also, has anyone actually got a pair that they run in? How are they and how did you order? I'm told by roadrunner that you're supposed to order a half size up, which seems good. I tried on an 11 today and it seemed a little tight on the sides and my street shoe is an 11. But they didn't have an 11.5 to try and 12 was too big. So... any help would be much appreciated.

There is definitely going ot be a difference. That strap is going to help stop your foot from sliding around in the shoe as much as it would without. Obviously, your foot doesn't slide much in a properly fitted shoe and the strap won't work amazing wonders, but it still will do something. That said, I'd probably find it a little annoying to have pressure from a strap at that part of my foot.

LOL well my friend told me that the strap is in fact supposed to keep your foot from moving when you're doing things like tennis and stuff, lateral motion. So, I'm probably ordering up a pair of the others, although the strapped ones look a lot cooler :p

All Jokes aside, my nephew runs cross country and he tells me he'd rather go with the strapped ones.

586427249[/snapback]

Has he also told you the reason?

Has he also told you the reason?

586427269[/snapback]

well, he said they would be just comfortable. I think so too, not only that it would reduce the risk of a lace coming undone and impeding in on the running. But not everyone's feet are the same. I'm just stating what i was told. ;)

The one with the strap is for cross-training, the one without the strap is for running. I'd say go with the strap unless you are on a track squad and run sprints or distances.

I'm getting the strapped ones myself for cardio workouts.

their running shoes designed for performance not fashion get over it.

586431090[/snapback]

actually at NikeID.com for about $100 it can be anything you want it to be color wise.

Oh I see.  The ugly yellow stripe makes them faster.

Thanks for clearing that up.

:rolleyes:

586431099[/snapback]

running barefoot is better to strengthen you feet any track or distance coach will tell you that, this is what Nike is trying to do, create a more natural barefoot experience that you can take anywhere because lets face it who would run barefoot in the streets. I think the idea came from a coach at Stanford about creating a shoe that give a barefoot feeling.

Those shoes are fugly.

Nike stop trying to be "trendy" and make something normal people will wear.

586431071[/snapback]

When did working out become a fashion contest?

And there are a variety of colors, and you can design your own with Nike ID, FYI.

I just got some black and white ones off roadrunnersports.com.  And all around I hear good things.  We'll see.

586431697[/snapback]

i hear good things about them also from folks. Im afraid that i will wear them down during my preseason workouts for track. I will be running in the dirt a lot and not the track. I think i would like to use them on the track later, i think they will be perfect for plyometrics. Ill have to take a look at the Nike store.

be sure not to run alot in them.you have to build up in them because your feet are not used to it.

586443337[/snapback]

Good advice, thanks a lot.