Broncos to release Maurice Clarett

Maurice Clarett's gamble for the big dollars in the NFL failed for a second time. The Denver Broncos informed Clarett on Sunday that he is being released.

Mike Shanahan surprised the league by using a third-round draft choice on the former Ohio State running back in the final selection of the round. The Broncos coach thought he had the cutback style of running that fit in one of the league's best running systems.

As it turned out, Shanahan made a mistake and didn't want to waste time admitting it. With Tuesday's deadline for cutting the roster to 65 looming, Clarett, who never made the field in three preseason games, was let go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...TC-DT9705204233

Good. That moron doesn't deserve to play again. Or, he could go to the CFL ;)

586446106[/snapback]

Sounds to me like someone's just mad he didn't stay longer at Ohio State.

Anyways, good luck to him... that's quite a big bust -- being a third-round pick and being cut before your first season.

yeah, i would be bitter. surely, someone needs him! he was a good back.. if he just had a chance to maybe prove himself. he should go to the browns.

being from Columbus, OH.... im an sick and tired of constantly hearing about this prick. of course our local news never lets this bell-end go and he's the main source of sports news... makes me sick. I hope he's serving me my grilled stuft burrito in a few weeks.

being from Columbus, OH.... im an sick and tired of constantly hearing about this prick.  of course our local news never lets this bell-end go and he's the main source of sports news... makes me sick.  I hope he's serving me my grilled stuft burrito in a few weeks.

586446440[/snapback]

Eh, more bitterness and resentment from the Buckeyes. No surprise there.

Eh, more bitterness and resentment from the Buckeyes. No surprise there.

586446548[/snapback]

and this coming from a nerd that hates [most] sports.

That kid has been a joke...If he can't run well in the backfield behind the Broncos O-Line then he can't hack it anywhere. The Broncos can plug anyone into that slot and have them be successful, except for Clarett i guess.

That kid has been a joke...If he can't run well in the backfield behind the Broncos O-Line then he can't hack it anywhere. The Broncos can plug anyone into that slot and have them be successful, except for Clarett i guess.

586450059[/snapback]

Well said! I agree with you.

why cut him now though? do they have anyone better to fill a spot? why not even give him a shot? you already wasted a good pick on him...

Sounds to me like someone's just mad he didn't stay longer at Ohio State.

586446118[/snapback]

I could care less. While he helped the Buckeyes, he didn't lead them to the National Title.

Ever since I heard of his problems, I was one of the few who wished he was gone. Same thing with the NFL's Vikings. I'm glad that Moss is gone.

Way to waste a pick, Denver!

Not as bad as atlanta spending all that money on Price, and, if I am not mistaken, costing them a 1st rounder??

But, clarett should go to NFL Europe for a year, get some time under his belt...

why cut him now though?  do they have anyone better to fill a spot?  why not even give him a shot?  you already wasted a good pick on him...

586451956[/snapback]

Maybe he had some bonus coming to him if he made the roster and they didn't want to pay it? Don't know, it's complete speculation on my part.