MLB's Best Parks

Just saw this story on SI.com and figured it could spur some great debates here at Neowin. My Mets' Shea Stadium was voted the worst Fan Value Index in baseball and I can't really argue considering. Surprisingly, for me at least, Miller Park was ranked first despite the awful team that calls it home. I guess the stadium itself is incredible lol. Here're the rankings: SI.com Rankings You can choose each team to see how they were rated in the categories. Let the debates begin!

Edited by bigbluepride35

The thing isn't based on design or anything, though. Of course people are going to love the cheaper places more. My favorite parks would have to be Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Safeco Field, and Camden Yards. Safeco is definitely the best looking, but the other 3 just have a real baseball "feel" to them that makes you really enjoy the game more, even just on TV.

Nice find... My Rockies' Coors Field is #3 :D Coors Field is a very nice ballpark, I go there atleast 4 or 5 games a year. I've also been to the Diamondbacks Stadium, The B.O.B. I think it should of ranked lower but that pool makes people all giddy. It had the most uncomfortable seats (not like any stadium has comfortable seats), they left the roof open when it was over 100 degrees outside (so you almost sweat to death), and there are so many advertisements in the outfield that it makes it hard to concentrate on baseball. When I lived in Arizona I went there one time and that was enough for me.

Fenway, Wrigley, and Yankees stadium - the classics will never be topped. There was a much better article on ESPN.com about this same topic a year or so ago - it went into a lot more detail and offered a detailed write up of each stadium, trying to weigh intagibles better than the SI article does.

Thats nothing [yt]. Me and a buddy of mine went to a Cubs @ Cards game last year during mid July. The humidity is much different out here than in Arizona. 100 degrees here is a lot different than 100 degrees there. ;)

Anyways, I agree somewhat with a few of the picks. I really am a fan of Busch, Coors, and of course U.S. Cellular. I think the renovations they've done to "The Cell" are making the stadium look a like better.

Adamb10, like the altered Cubs logo. In St. Louis we always use this

Completely

Useless

By

September.

Anyway, the current Busch stadium is coming down after this season and we are supposed to have a new ballpark for opening day next year. Will be sad in a way to see the old stadium go, but alot of the new stadiums are really nice.

Fenway, Wrigley, and Yankees stadium - the classics will never be topped.  There was a much better article on ESPN.com about this same topic a year or so ago - it went into a lot more detail and offered a detailed write up of each stadium, trying to weigh intagibles better than the SI article does.

586482827[/snapback]

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/neel/030910.html

Is this it?