TechTV

Hey what?s up everyone?

I know this television channel isn?t something new, but I just started watching it on a regular basis. I?ve got DirecTV satellite and have this channel, do you? There?s some really cool programs on it, I personally like The Screen Savers and Call for Help (the only two I?ve watched, for some reason whenever I turn TechTV on, it?s either one of the two that?s on!). But Call for Help really is pointed at someone that?s not computer literate, in my opinion it?d be a good program for our grandparents or vice-versa. Well anyways, just felt like posting a thread on this topic:)nd please share :).

James

i have it when i'm at school. i usually only watch screensavers though. usually learn something or find out something interesting everytime i watch :D

ScreenSavers are fun to laugh at how wrong they always are...That's about their ONLY redeeming value...

Call For Help is cool cause the host, Chris, is a BIG fan of neowin and plugs the site on a regular basis :D

I like S.S. and Call for Help, Freash Gear. Did anybody see the gameing rig they had on screen savers, it had a x-box, computer, game cube and a couple others I can't remember all in one computer case (neat)

Originally posted by timdorr

ScreenSavers are fun to laugh at how wrong they always are...That's about their ONLY redeeming value...

Call For Help is cool cause the host, Chris, is a BIG fan of neowin and plugs the site on a regular basis :D

Is that Lockergnome's Chris Pirillo?

baphomet_irl: Dude, I was watching Call for Help and was like uh, that looks a lot like him (cause of the cartoon of himself, plus he's got like 10 web cams). But yeah, that's him! He kinda acts like a dork though, but he's funny to watch.

I used to like TechTV a lot back in the day when it was just Kate and Leo or in the early days of Patrick and Leo but now it's gotten very boring.

they always bring in some loser to talk about something that takes up like 20 minutes of airtime and its like HELLO do something cool not this boring crap.

Call For Help was kind of good too when it was only Leo.

Extended play, Fresh Gear, and CyberCrime are all i watch anymore.

Originally posted by freeza

I used to like TechTV a lot back in the day when it was just Kate and Leo or in the early days of Patrick and Leo but now it's gotten very boring.

Yep. Don't forget about Martin. :s

heh, martin is cool cause he reminds me of me ;)

i watch the screen savers all the time, fresh gear is ok, extended play is pretty good, and big thinkers is usually pretty interesting - techtv is one of the only networks i watch

I watch it sometimes just cuz it's got geek chicks on there :p

Morgan! Morgan! I love you! drool.... :D

Morgan is pretty damn hot i have to admit

so was Jessica when she was on there!

Megan was hot back in the day....i dunno what happened to her now....maybe its the married life but she has gone downhill

if they would get new hosts then it would be better. martin doesnt know **** about computers (he said an xp 1800 was = to 1800 mhz). besides all he does is his twisted gay list, wtf is with that. and that other chic (not morgan) is so annoying, she does the IM THOUGHT OF THE DAY. WHO CARES. then their invterviews are so gay, it takes up half the show. AND BOOTCAMP TOO. stupid people who call and are like 'OMG OMG OMG I DONT LIKE THE START MENU HOW TO I GO BACK TO NORMAL'. yoshi is the man cuz he can make pimped out computers, and actually DOES something for the show. Leo is kinda gay, he acts like a dork, and patrick is really cool. be nice if they actually did more stuff on like apple or linux. you know all they do is read off of blue notecards. they dont really do anything. o yeah chris pirillo is cool, and that robert guy. chris is sometimes a little gay but i mean the show is really good for people who know nothing about computers.

I watch the television show almost on a regular basis nowadays... I've been watching since they were known as ZDTV and Leo was both the Call for Help and Screen Savers host... the two shows were basically the same back then. Ever since then, I think they've really improved. When Chris came along as the host for CFH, I really thought he was annoying but after awhile he isn't all that bad... he's actually good for the role because he communicates well with newbie computer users, which the show is now geared to.

Robert Chang is probably one of the smartest guys on that network... he's kind of boring to listen to, but if you do give him some attention he usually has some interesting information. Leo, Patrick, and Martin have always been the best imo though. Especially Leo, because I think he busts his ass on that network more than just about anyone else. The Screen Savers is by far my favorite show, but Extended Play, Fresh Gear, and Call For Help are pretty good. I remember when AudioFile was good but now it's just downhill... Silicon Spin used to be on a lot but I thought that show kinda sucked.

I hate Max Headroom... that show is so boring. Argh.

I like TechTV... it's not that bad. I like the shows TSS, Extended Play, Fresh Gear, and the occasional Big Thinkers. The shows I don't like are Max Headroom and Eye Drops (was cool at first, but now boring).

However, I dislike the way they rearranged the programs. Tech Live used to be on almost 5 or 6 hours during the day and now they show repeats of the previous nights shows; which in my opinion, gets boring. Tech Live only gets an half an hour or so now. :(

I must agree the techtv chicks are nice.... ;) Morgan (TSS), Erica (Tech Live) and Kris Kosach (was with AudioFile) :p

Originally posted by man4theladys

if they would get new hosts then it would be better. martin doesnt know **** about computers (he said an xp 1800 was = to 1800 mhz). besides all he does is his twisted gay list, wtf is with that. and that other chic (not morgan) is so annoying, she does the IM THOUGHT OF THE DAY. WHO CARES. then their invterviews are so gay, it takes up half the show. AND BOOTCAMP TOO. stupid people who call and are like 'OMG OMG OMG I DONT LIKE THE START MENU HOW TO I GO BACK TO NORMAL'. yoshi is the man cuz he can make pimped out computers, and actually DOES something for the show. Leo is kinda gay, he acts like a dork, and patrick is really cool. be nice if they actually did more stuff on like apple or linux. you know all they do is read off of blue notecards. they dont really do anything. o yeah chris pirillo is cool, and that robert guy. chris is sometimes a little gay but i mean the show is really good for people who know nothing about computers.

you sound just about gay with your babbling.