U.S. is headed to soccer's World Cup

Yea limok, welcome to the future. England isnt a very dominant soccer team as it once was. After all, the US is 6th best in the world. And have you seen some of our games?. Kasey Keller is an excellent goalie, hes stopped tons of penalty shots and such. He did so in the Gold Cup to help US beat Panama for the cup.

Back on topic though, I saw the game too. Excellent game, best of the US in a while. And good for the mexicans, they tend to come in to the US cocky as can be. And now they go back to mexico with theyre tails between theyre legs.

This isn't 20 years ago... the USA has a really good team. Some of the best goalies in the world are american

586476471[/snapback]

I don't keep up with soccer as much as I would like, but didn't the MLS All-Star Team just recently get crushed by Real Madrid? Or are those players not the same ones on the US team?

congrats. I doubt the US will win the World Cup in '06 but i hope they perform as well, or better than they did in '02. I hope this further exposes and promotes the sport. I would love to go to a soccer game one day in the US and be among a crowd of 60-70,000 cheering for the local club.

yeah, i thought that was our like "all star" team, and they lost like 6-0 or something

586476760[/snapback]

I dont think that means much really. I dont follow soccer in depth to know what players come from what country, but i can guess that European and South American teams pay a lot more for USA's top players than the MLS can so i doubt MLS has the best pool of US players.

btw, i just caught the repeat of the 2nd half of the game and i must say, USA's goalie looked really sharp. Though mexico didnt play that well, USA looked really good out there