[WIP] MCMS

Question

To view the progress (Live, this is the page I use for testing everything. It shows updates and stuff, and is powered by MCMS itself.), go here: http://cms.mynimal.net/

I'm working on a full-blown content management system, featured with a forum, image gallery, and a blog which is used as the main site. I may add more features if they're requested. :)

This is a work in progress of mine, I'm practicing my PHP skills. :p Feel free to register if you want and give bug reports (Maybe not yet though, as what's there isn't even worthy of "alpha"). I'll most likely do it steb by step, ie blog portion goes into beta, and then gallery, forum, etc etc.. When they go into beta, bug reports would be highly appreciated. :)

Also, a change of layout will most definately be coming. This is just a ripoff of another one of my layouts. :p Currently just a filler so you're not looking at text on a blank white screen.

If you missed it in all that:

The link.

Currently: Pre-Alpha

12 answers to this question

Looking good. I am also working on a custom CMS so we could always bounce things off each other if you need. I am not doing it all by myself though I have a few other programmers helping (its good to have friends).

I would be curious about a few things so if you don't mind send me a PM or hit me up via IM and I would love to ask you a few backend questions.

MAJOR progress report.

Finished:

• Users System
  • Posting system
  • Comments system
  • Ability to edit post
  • New layout (Logo inspired by sticboy's Organic walls, but not ripped and made from scratch

Working on:

• User CP
  • Admin CP

:) It's starting to come together! Blog anyway...

Thanks for the comments Morgan. :D I might release them seperately, and then once they're all finished release it all integrated. So far it'll be hard for anyone to install, as I'm only coding right now. There will be an installer for the beta and final releases though. :)

Tons of updates.

A LOT has been done for days behind the scenes, but here's a checklist for the blog, which I've been working on mainly so far:

http://cms.mynimal.net/checklist.php?page=blog

Also, a blog RSS page, layout/theme system (Similar to Wordpress), page titles system, replies to comments, and many other things have been done. More will be added to User CP and Admin CP, and there will be more features and functions.

I'm making the code cleaner now (Example, before it was a bunch of ?view=1, ?comment=1, etc, and now it's ?act=comment&post=1, ?act=view&post=1), fixing some bugs, and well, putting a lot of time into this. :p Obviously I'e finished the checklist page as well, and now it's based on cookies instead of sessions. A search function has been added for the blog (As a function when it's released too), which will also be for Image Gallery, Forums, etc.

I'm going to stop talking now, because I'm practically translating the checklist for you now.. :p

Other stuff has been completed, just...I forgot what. :laugh:

Feel free to add suggestions and comments, any and all feedback is appreciated.

Also let me know if you want to beta test. Beta 1 will be private, and Beta 2 will be public.

And erm, unfortunately that checklist isn't completely up-to-date. :p