How to make a network ?

Hi, I will buy in a few days a new computer and I want to make a network (and Internet Connection Sharing) between them.

I have a DSL modem and I have one IP address at the time so how I could make a network with this ? Step-by-step guide or something like that would be appreciated !

Thanks !

A router and a network card and cable for each computer :)

You can use a crossover cable and software if you dont want a router or hub, but then you are limited to 2 computers :)

1 - string

2 - tin cans (more for more then 2 computers)

step one

turn on your modem speaker really loud.

step two

duct tape can to the back of modem

step three

repeat for all computers

all done ;)

You need two network cards (100mbit) for connecting the 2 PCs, one additional for the internet connection.

If you plan to add more PCs you should consider a router. This would have the advantage that you can leave the main PC off and still access the internet.

You need Windows 98 or XP for the Internet Connection Sharing.

If you have enough money and expertise in choosing and configuring the router you should consider this. Perhaps someone else will post tipps about the router config.

Originally posted by twist

1 - string

2 - tin cans (more for more then 2 computers)

step one

turn on your modem speaker really loud.

step two

duct tape can to the back of modem

step three

repeat for all computers

all done ;)

If you leave some of the food in the tin cans, you will also cut down on line noise ;)

If you plan on getting another computer in the future, I would go with the router option. Thats what I did and it works perfectly!