VXP - Beta Release

No more bugs people??

RC3 Released.

586516662[/snapback]

Dunno if it's a bug or not, but I thought I should post it :

winrar9hi.th.jpg

Is it normal for that combobox to have that white and gray background ?

untitled18pc.png

Uhh I'm supposed to post a screenshot so.. there you go. I'm going through the images and reducing the strokes to 1px, and a buncha other tweaks. Winsw is probably gonna get mad at me for taking alot of his green out, but theyre saved for mouseovers, like buttons, taskbar, etc. I'm thinking a majority of the mod is gonna be blue, but I'll go back and do it like I really should have done (closer to the original) and see if I can keep both versions in the release.

Dunno if it's a bug or not, but I thought I should post it :

Is it normal for that combobox to have that white and gray background ?

We have a winner... I did not find that one. :) I can reproduce it tho. :p

Thank you Winswy for all the hard work.

First of all, thanks for changing the command line window title bar to be blue instead of white. It makes it possible to see the text.

A few more questions.

First of all, the language toolbar is cutting off for me. I am not sure if anyone has posted about this before.

Second, it is still really hard to see text on inactive buttons such as the apply button on display properties. I am not sure if this is intended, but it is a bit weird.

Sorry if I am being an idiot.

The problem with eMule which I posted here is still there.

Another one: the pic below is when you copy something with Total Commander.

snag00044ev.png

The next two pics are taken from True Launch Bar. Can those be fixed?

snag00051dl.png

snag00067vg.png

The other problem I reported is still there.

snag00072ha.png

Kidon.... it seems like u r commited to helping search out and resolve bugs in this VS. PLease add me on on MSN so i can more accurately and quickly find and resolve them. However, using the current configuration there is no way to resolve the Total Commander issue, i am not willing for a somewhat obscure bug to compromise the vs by using smalller fonts which is the only way to fix it.

Matt0, your version looks smoking man.  Great job.  Can't wait to get my hands on it.  BTW, is that a yztoolbar theme?  If so which one is it?

586518755[/snapback]

it's a theme called chocolate, that i darkened to be black instead of the brownish colour. I've been using it for months :pinch:

As I promised over at DA, here is a comparison shot of VXP's explorer bar (in search mode) versus Luna Silver. Now you don't have to use circles with double arrows, as all of that is customizable as in the one on the right side of the image.

post-62129-1126653746_thumb.jpg

I've been trying out each RC off and on for the past few days. I've put it through its paces, using every program I use even occasionally, and no issues so far. This is going to be one of the "great ones", I think. Looking forward to the final release......

Yeah, I added you on MSN but you were not online.

Try any eMule you like, that problem should be in any version I think.

586522601[/snapback]

I will work on that this evening.

I've been trying out each RC off and on for the past few days.  I've put it through its paces, using every program I use even occasionally, and no issues so far.  This is going to be one of the "great ones", I think.  Looking forward to the final release......

586522808[/snapback]

what an awesome commment.

bulky.

586523261[/snapback]

:p

I am going to be working on a compact version of my own for the new caption buttons version and for the old button version. The old button version will also include the original leaves in the start panel. So 4 substyles in all

I have given Matt0 permission to release his own authorized mod. You can look for it about a week after mine is released. No other mods wil be released.

Thanks to everyone so far for being so supportive and helpful as i try to get this project completed. :)

One thing that bothers me about the vs is that the title bar and background window don't blend together, although they are so close that it looks like maybe they should.

I've attached an example of what I mean.

Also, the address bar for firefox and thunderbird are still grey for me (but that could just be my problem, cause I've seen other screenshots where they appeared to be fixed).

The only other thing that I dislike is that the buttons don't look too great in certain websites (like google and such). I'm not sure that could be fixed without changing all the buttons.

Everything else looks great.

post-81387-1126706291.jpg

One thing that bothers me about the vs is that the title bar and background window don't blend together, although they are so close that it looks like maybe they should.

I've attached an example of what I mean.

Also, the address bar for firefox and thunderbird are still grey for me (but that could just be my problem, cause I've seen other screenshots where they appeared to be fixed).

The only other thing that I dislike is that the buttons don't look too great in certain websites (like google and such).  I'm not sure that could be fixed without changing all the buttons.

Everything else looks great.

586524048[/snapback]

Fierfox grey im working on, i dont know what u mean about captions and BG window, doesn't look like that on my pc, can u give me a better screenshot?

on google the buttons look fine to me too, not quite sure what u may have a problem with on those either, i mean.. don't look too great is not a specific enough problem for me to work with.

Found another bug.  :D

The buttons are really messed up in an app called HDTune (http://www.hdtune.com/). Try options menu and you'll see what I mean.

586529239[/snapback]

Having probs with this.. i am working on it tho.

Fierfox grey im working on, i dont know what u mean about captions and BG window, doesn't look like that on my pc, can u give me a better screenshot?

on google the buttons look fine to me too, not quite sure what u may have a problem with on those either, i mean.. don't look too great is not a specific enough problem for me to work with.

586529561[/snapback]

I tried pointing out the two different colors that make it not match up.

I doubt its possible to change the google buttons, (its not just google, but they show it best) without change all buttons. Personally, I think the buttons (when on the internet), are too dark, especially with black text, (which i dont think u can change). But something like that is what would prevent me from using the vs.

post-81387-1126809335.jpg

post-81387-1126809432.jpg

Jukeboxhero - I fixed ur first request...

the buttons..first off it appears you haven't installed the fonts, that may be my fault as i didnt include them with RC3, however the text shouldt hang off the buttons like that. As far as the button color, i wont be making them any lighter as 1. i already did and 2. the black text which i have no control over is clearly visible to me already.

Kidon - Emule issue fixed, Truelaunch issue fixed , The button text issue i am finding in VERY few apps, i have set EVERYthing to Luna margins, image sizes, everything the same, it just seems like a few apps are just determined to do this. Im tired of pulling my hair out over it.

Zsantz - Issue fixed.

Blay - Firefox issue fixed.

Next, as much as i pride myself on my knowledge of stylebuilder, this one has me stumped..certain apps use the iunactive caption color in a gradient to show an area that SEEMS to be within the tabbackground image. See attached, apparently somthing is off as this area..the blue \ white horizontal area is clearly not stretching as it is suppposed to..see Luna as an example underneath. After 2 frustrating hours i find myself without a solution. I changed all the content margins in these areas to no avail.

Anyone got a clue.?? :blink:

post-43522-1126812445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Winswy

also, started a Toolbar iconset.

I'm Hoping to have the entire theme done and hopefully Trillian skin also completed by Mon. or Tues. at the latest.

If no one can come forth on that last bug i'll just have to leave as is. The same bug is also in a lot of other themes by great VS designers. This was the last bug and frankly its just eluding me.

post-43522-1126845483_thumb.jpg