2010 - What will we have?

More crap from Governments around the world. A bigger emphasis on keeping corporations happier than average citizens.

In other words, I don't want to see anymore. :/

Dual Core, Dual GPU Video cards.? Maybe even Quad-Core by then.

586514088[/snapback]

There's already dual core out;))

Quad cores are out in 2007-2008.

In 2010, which isn't too far off. A bit will happen.

- The US population will have more obese people (30% is where its @ now)

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/obesity/trend/

- Quad Cores will be on its way out and 16 cores will be on its way in

- The first 'highway in the sky' is unveiled

Nasa is currently researching this and has for the past 5yrs+

- Pollution will ease from the new nano-cleaner bots

- Aids and some cancers will have a cure, or about to have one. New cancers and such emerge.

- Less oil, pushing people into electric cars or worst hybrid

- The US leaves Iraq and heads to Iran or N. Korea to start another war (I'm assuming N.Korea first)

- Virgin Galactic starts private Space Flight

- 1280 3D HDTV has amazed people for 4yrs now, and holographics are coming next year!

- All passports will have biometrics, tracking everyone :devil::

- The first 'city in the sky' opens in a 1 mile building in Japan or China

The majority of the above are true, cept a couple:))

Can people at least try and be realistic? I haven't seen a single non-joke response (well there a few exceptions)

Anyway few things we should have by 2010:

* high speed wireless networks avaliable at every location

* automated intelligent highways that prevent accidents and reduce traffic will be built in certain locations

* All-in-one media devices will replace TVs, stereos, etc

* Semi-intelligent terrain navigation and airborne drons that use advanced pattern-recognition software will be used by military

* High-definition OLED displays will replace all other forms of displays and will come in any size and form. Will be much cheaper.

* CD/DVD media will be replaced by newever smaller and better versions.

For the record, none of these are intended to be jokes:

Smaller/faster computers with larger screens and kick-ass designs

Apple's market share will rise dramatically, although Windows will (of course) remain the dominant operating system. More people will buy Mac's, not PC's (since Mac's will be able to run both Windows and OS X). As a result of this, viruses and malware for OS X will appear on the net.

(Hopefully), non-Bush and non-Howard governments.

Bin Laden is caught.

Fuel prices will be higher then ever before, but more cars will use cheaper and cleaner forms of fuel.

iPod's will drop in market share but will still remain the dominant music player.

Just my 2c

good reply! I think computers will <obviously> decrease in size, at least half the size that they are now, if not more, while increasing speed. The current "RAM" specifications will also probably change dramatically. I look for a non-volatile solution, just my 2c. I believe that a 128-bit processor may even be in the outlook, but not sure on that one, considering how that 64-bit stuff is considerably new. (plus, 5 yrs isn't that far away!)

2010, we'll have the Winter Olympics held in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. (if no one has mentioned that yet)

dL

586515969[/snapback]

Oh yea.. lol.. stupid me and I was just in Vancouver :blush:

^ lol :laugh:

Water powered cars, missions to mars, and maybe even the discovery of new planets within our outer solar system.

As for computers I doubt we'll be seeing anything revolutionary, 2010 isn't that far away in computer years. Probably some speed bumps here and there, 10GHz barrier, 2TB HDD...

- Sith Will rule the galaxy, with Bush as Darth Vader :yes:

- Some will swe McDodals for making there 2010th child fat.

- Wars will be fought usin lightsabers

- And last, i MITE find my first girl-friend. :cry:

Neowin will be no more.

586514420[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

:woot: In 2010 I've won Powerball and taken over Microsoft !

586515635[/snapback]

In your dreams, Hum! :o

Five years from now we'll all be laughing at our computer specs. :p

800 posts. :D

Also, in 2010 I'll have reached my 500th post count. ;)

586517246[/snapback]

Ummm, aren't you already on 801 posts??????? :whistle: :rolleyes:

we will either be recovering from a massive pandemic or ignoring the fact that one in iminent.

cars will get smaller, gas will go up yet again.

new orleans will have been rebuilt in the same spot with the same technology and will continue to be a sitting duck.

google and microsoft will both be attempting to take over ebay.

45% of the population of the united states will be overweight and the number of heart attacks will have gone up 30% within 5 years.

we will create a vaccine for aids only to have it mutate into a more deadly and drug-resistant form.

the number of teenagers and young adults with learning and other mental disabliites will steadily be on the rise as the first generation children who grew up with nothing more that a computer get older.

a computer virus will be released which exlpiots an unknown flaw in all windows versions bringing computers over the world to ther knees about once every 3 monthes.

50 cent will release his 27th album, he will have stopped actually trying by now but will still sell millions.

there will be an election as the previous president will have been assasinated

and last but not least the one of the final generations of people who will live a proper lifespan before we **** the world over so badly that it an no longer sustain human life.

thats my prediction, no doubt some of them will be wrong but in 5 years time i would love to be able to come back to this thread and see.

Nothing much new will happen between now and 2010. Jesus. It's only 5 years away. Look back at 2000 and think about what has changed between today and today in 2005. Only little improvements in many areas.

My predictions are:

- Petrol prices might hit the $2.00 p/litre

- I will have owned my third computer

- I will be 29

- I will finally have broadband (prices are way too high right now)

- I would have got a job by now.

absolutly nothing. i heard old people telling me stories of when they were kids the 60s and 70s were supposed to be flying cars and all that other junk. we are to lazy of a society to do anything great anymore (no complaints cause im lazy as **** too)

Microsoft will announce that their new operating system will cut down boot times and is more secure than previous versions of Windows in a last bid attempt to wrestle the market away from MacOS 10x for Intel.