Good DVD Player Recorder

Im looking for a DVD player / Tv Recorder.

TiVo is NOT available in this part of Ontario.. so don't suggest it.

i want a good DVD recorder to record tv shows i miss because i am working, or out. is there a recorder with a removable hard drive, so i can stick it in my PC too?

or.. does an S-Video Cable work from my tv to PC? with recording abilities?

Edited by lylesback2

Ok, let me try to break it down by question:

1. One of the better recorders on the market is definitely the Panasonic DMR-ES10. I would definitely recommend giving it a look.

2. I don't know of a DVD Recorder/HDD combo that offers a removeable drive.

3. S-video cable would work if you have an s-video in on your PC. You could always get a TV Tuner card for that task. However, you must remember that it won't be as easy to use, will put your PC under a decent amount of stress and, well, unless you then ran your PC out to your TV in, you'd have to watch the shows on your computer.

Ok, let me try to break it down by question:

1. One of the better recorders on the market is definitely the Panasonic DMR-ES10. I would definitely recommend giving it a look.

2. I don't know of a DVD Recorder/HDD combo that offers a removeable drive.

3. S-video cable would work if you have an s-video in on your PC. You could always get a TV Tuner card for that task. However, you must remember that it won't be as easy to use, will put your PC under a decent amount of stress and, well, unless you then ran your PC out to your TV in, you'd have to watch the shows on your computer.

586516345[/snapback]

1) that answered my question :) i remember seeing on neowin seeing a review about a DVD recorder, but can't find it...

2) i was thinking you'd be able to remove the hard drive, pop it into your computer, and go about as if it was a storage drive.

3) ya the TV tuner.. could possibly skip during recording, and cause problems, while recording.

thanks a lot bangbang, i'll check out the prices :D