[56K]Exclusive! NEW Yahoo! Mail Beta

It is ridiculous if it doesnt support Opera.

Opera is the most standard compliant browser.And if it doesnt support that it means that it isnt sticking to the standards.  :angry:

586524051[/snapback]

Oh, wouldn't it be a wonderful utopia if the DHTML for IE worked in Firefox worked in Opera worked in Safari? Yea, you're not gonna get that though.

And last I checked, no, Presto (Opera) isn't the most standards-compliant rendering engine.

But Yahoo doesn't get the popularity like google . Why is that?

586527079[/snapback]

I wouldnt say that, maybe here in neowin its all google this and that.

no we actually have no official hint of anyway as about any future implementations. Though it seems obvious the calendar will be part of it we cannot say for sure if the newsfeed will be included as it already is in the current version.

Same thing for the Notepad that does not even have a link to the old one on this beta.

As for entering the beta, a Yahoo official told me there should be an invite system similar to gmail.

As for the Microsoft Mail beta , right now it's behind this one for few reasons: it does n't have drag and drop suppport, no rightclick menus on messages or folders.

THe features are good, but wow... 100MB of ram... imagine that in Firefox. :(

586531592[/snapback]

Speaking of Firefox and to answer your question, I have posted 2 new screenshots on it running in Firefox (and how much memory it uses, heck it runs faster in Firefox too), and the error Oprah users are going to get when trying to use the Beta.

looks pretty good. too bad they don't have free POP3 like google. I still like my yahoo mail more than msn thou. MSN are a bunch of jerks who disable your account if you don't sign in like once a week.

yahoo ****es me off sometimes thou because it seems like email doesn't get through. I use that account for web forms and for some sites when I do the forgotpass thing and it says it sends it but it never makes it. it works just fine with aim and msn mail. =/

looks pretty good. too bad they don't have free POP3 like google. I still like my yahoo mail more than msn thou. MSN are a bunch of jerks who disable your account if you don't sign in like once a week.

yahoo ****es me off sometimes thou because it seems like email doesn't get through. I use that account for web forms and for some sites when I do the forgotpass thing and it says it sends it but it never makes it. it works just fine with aim and msn mail. =/

586534395[/snapback]

Well you can't blame them, I get the exact same problem, but not Yahoo in my case, it's Hotmail, I have a Personal Address with MSN and I use it all the time, but the problem is I keep missing e-mails with them...

• 6 months later...

The new Yahoo! Mail Beta powered by Oddpost has just been released to a very limited number of Beta testers (including those Oddpost subscribers previously selected to opt-in), new features include an offline mail client-like interface, tabbed windows (no pop-ups), cascaded menus and toolbars.

Screw reviews! A picture is worth a thousand words!

(click the thumbnails for a full size image)

Hark the spice girls just can't sing, soon they'll work at burger king. Erm... This is the login screen:

YMailBetaA_t.gif

Loading... 3... 2... 1... Erm whatever...

YMailBetaB_t.gif

The default interface after you logged in:

YMailBetaC_t.gif

Click on an e-mail and there, you can preview it, well what's what a mail reader supposed to do right?

YMailBetaD_t.gif

Double-click on it, there, it's opened in a new tab!

YMailBetaE_t.gif

Notice this little button? A click on it...

YMailBetaF_t.gif

... opens the mail in a new seperate window! Amazing... Another click puts it back as a tab again:

YMailBetaG_t.gif

This is what the compose screen looks like, and yep Oddpost lovers, the Subject-O-Matique's still there and got alot more new e-mail ideas for you this time!

YMailBetaH_t.gif

This is the file attachment window...

YMailBetaI_t.gif

Oh no! Instead of send I accidentally clicked on the close tab button!

YMailBetaJ_t.gif

Drag-and-drop, but looks like Yahoo! don't want me to put my e-mail back into my Inbox...

YMailBetaK_t.gif

...instead they want me to put it in my contacts...

YMailBetaL_t.gif

This is the pop-up menu you get when right-clicking on a message:

YMailBetaM_t.gif

As always heavy scripting and DHTML means alot CPU and RAM usage, this is no exception either:

YMailBetaN_t.gif

Intutive search:

YMailBetaO_t.gif

Do you like cheese? I love cheese...

YMailBetaP_t.gif

Yahoo shows Firefox some lovin' baby

YMailBetaQ_t.gif

Not Oprah tho, but I don't blame them.

YMailBetaR.gif

** Notice: All information and materials contained in this post is for your personal viewing only, reproduction or derive of any part of this post is not permitted unless with prior permission from the original poster. **

All images are dead. I also posted this on several other boards just for ****s and giggles.