[Cycling] Armstrong Won't Return

Well, after speculation for a few weeks that Lance Armstrong might return to attempt to win his 8th consecutive Tour de France just to stick it to his critics, the cycling ironman has decided against doing so. Story.

I'm kind of glad he chose not to return, I like him as a cyclist and it really wouldn't have proved anything. I would however like to see him take on a big role on the team in the future, maybe fill the shoes of Johan after he retires.

i'd really like to see when tayler hamilton will get a fair shot and be able to come back.  what's happened to him is a tragedy.

586532313[/snapback]

You know I'm with you 100%, it would be even better if he was picked up by Discovery too :D

Hamilton juiced up? I thought he was the one who broke his collarbone.

586536647[/snapback]

He broke his collar bone last year. Early this year he was barred from cycling for two years for doping violations. Hence why he didn't race this year's tour.

He broke his collar bone last year. Early this year he was barred from cycling for two years for doping violations. Hence why he didn't race this year's tour.

586536680[/snapback]

O yeah now I remember hearing something about that. Thanks. Were the performance enhancers tied to the injury? Did he take soemthing to speed up his recovery time or was it strictly to get an edge on the competition?

O yeah now I remember hearing something about that. Thanks. Were the performance enhancers tied to the injury? Did he take soemthing to speed up his recovery time or was it strictly to get an edge on the competition?

586536818[/snapback]

No, the doping was found out after he won a gold medal in the olympics.

Interesting, since every drug test ever administered to him has been negative.

586548191[/snapback]

I've heard some time ago EPO was found in one of his frozen test samples... but it could not be used as an evidence, cause for that 2 tests have to show drugs, and there is no second sample to do the test.