i saw hackers the movie for the 1st time

and all i have to say is:

"WOW! Those guy are like, so totally 1337"

i spose it would be better when it first came out but it would still be lame

it kinda reminds me of an old computer movie i saw once, which the top secret code was written in html

Ok, I admit it... I bought the DVD... :right: I did it out of pure nostalgia. At the time it came out, it was very cool, but now its kinda like going back and watching Tron... (which I also bought on DVD)... and WarGames... bought that too.

Ok, so... I'm a geek. Sue me. :p

Originally posted by nail

it kinda reminds me of an old computer movie i saw once, which the top secret code was written in html

Just like watching "AntiTrust", the updated hacker movie about Microsoft v. Open Source (its painfully obvious NURV is Microsoft.. for goodness sake they talk about buying "Netmail"... like when MS bought "Hotmail"? Geez..

Anyway their compression code seems to be written in HTML and C++ with their advanced compression algorithim's (if you pause and read the screen) is a function that creates a string, character by character, with the text "Get Head". Wonder if DivX and XviD have such advanced compression algorithims... :ponder:

Don't get me wrong though.. AniTrust is a fun movie.. makes fun of everything AND has the chick from Mallrats AND Rachel Leigh Cook... :D

Originally posted by KayMan2K

Just like watching "AntiTrust", the updated hacker movie about Microsoft v. Open Source (its painfully obvious NURV is Microsoft.. for goodness sake they talk about buying "Netmail"... like when MS bought "Hotmail"? Geez..

Anyway their compression code seems to be written in HTML and C++ with their advanced compression algorithim's (if you pause and read the screen) is a function that creates a string, character by character, with the text "Get Head". Wonder if DivX and XviD have such advanced compression algorithims... :ponder:

Don't get me wrong though.. AniTrust is a fun movie.. makes fun of everything AND has the chick from Mallrats AND Rachel Leigh Cook... :D

i think thats the one i was thinking of

hehe. i saw hackers 1 before i saw tron. i knew what tron was but never got to 'til last year. ..interesting. i hunted down the bike game and played for aweek. i saw wargames shortly after tron. you are right. it does feel like going back in time and laughing at their 1337 trix..lol 4mb ram..cool laptop maaaan:P

anyone seen hackers 2 the "story of kevin mitnick". (dont expect to buy it on e-bay..it was never released. is a download-only type-o-movie).

Originally posted by kintamanate

anyone seen hackers 2 the "story of kevin mitnick". (dont expect to buy it on e-bay..it was never released. is a download-only type-o-movie).

It really is not a sequal to Hackers. But a seperate movie in its on right.

back to the topic, though. I admit i own it and war games, tron. Has hollywood ever made a computer movie that is perfectly technical. No. but some are closer to reality then others( War games was pretty close from the three).

Hacker's 2 take down. isnt that the one?

the second one is more realistic but i enoyed Hacker's 1 better. Most of my friends after watching hacker's try to be hacker's. Its f**king anoyying. They IM me asking for my ip because they want to test stuff.

EDIT: nice sig Geronimo :)

Take Down is a movie about Kevin but is not sequl and should not be associated with Hackers. Even though the media plays it out like that. If you want to see a good movie about Kevin then get Freedom Downtime. alot of the hacker movies are inspired from the real life of varoius crackers. War Games is loosely based off a female cracker is supposely cracks into DOD networks and internal access to Normad in the late eighties. Hackers, Tron, and uhh, uhhh, there is one more, were inspired from some of the more notorious hackers/crackers from the early, late eighties, even Captian Crunch had a movie or treatment based on his exploits.

[edit]Thanks Grunt-XL[/edit]