[56k] Bugatti Veyron

2006-Bugatti-Veyron-Workshop-Molsheim-RA-1280x960.jpg

Source

(from Bugatti Press Release)  On Saturday, 3 September 2005, Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. hosted opening festivities for the ?Atelier?, its new plant dedicated to production of the new Bugatti. At the same time, the company?s headquarters, the Ch?teau St. Jean, along with the neighbouring buildings, were officially opened for their intended purpose.

that is a beautiful car, i just wish i had the money to get one :<

This car is one hell of a beast.

This got some 1001BHP engine? I know the 2003 one had.

586542854[/snapback]

Yeah and over 1000 ft-lb of tourque. Will hit 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and has been doing in tests 249 MPH

I love the CAR magazines headline of the story about the pre-launch

"Were doing 215mph and theres one gear to Go !"

This is the new Definative Supercar ! :ninja:

Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that great? I mean sure I wouldnt turn one down, but there are far nicer ones I'd buy and I don't like the back with that sort of cockpit style.

Nice speeds but doubt would see this beast doing that speed on the road's ;)

586550262[/snapback]

Hmm Illl give it a go on the autobahn, someone wanna donate ?

Also got the 060 time wrong, its 2.5 seconds .... eeek !

Here is some more facts from the CAR mag

At 250mph your moving arround 112meters per seconnd and you will empty the fuel tank in arround 20 mins.

Its engine is a 8L 64V W16 with 4 turbos and kicks 987bhp @ 6000rpm and 921lb-ft @ 2000rpm

Its quite sparse inside, comes with a cdplayer and ... and .. ooh a nice clock. They say ( taking a snipe at merc for the Mclaren SLR) that its pointless putting loads of sat nav, aircon and toys in it because its a super car and should be about the driving, not the super gizmos.

Tyres are specialy designed just for the verions incredable power and cost something like ?1500 ($2700) each, so dont go drifting !

It has audi's DSG Gearbox which is built by Ricardo and is uprated up to handle the 1000 ft-lb or torque. It can actualy handle near 1200 ft-lb just in case.

It does 2.8 Miles to the gallon at 250mph and its theoretical top speed on a day with good temps and light wind they expect it to hit 254mph.

They are building 20 a year at its own plant and cost 1 Million Euro's. This year is sold out but you can get on next years build list as they have about 11 left.

Its quite sparse inside, comes with a cdplayer and ... and .. ooh a nice clock. They say ( taking a snipe at merc for the Mclaren SLR) that its pointless putting loads of sat nav, aircon and toys in it because its a super car and should be about the driving, not the super gizmos.

586550373[/snapback]

Yet the Veyron is nearly 200kg heavier than the SLR... That's three people.