Button 'Cuts Deal to Stay at BAR'

Jenson Button has paid ?20m to Williams so he can stay at BAR.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/4262010.stm

Is it me but I find it incredible stupid on Jenson part that he signed a contact mid-way through a season even thought he wasn't sure he wanted to go there and now has to fork out ?20m of this own money to stop him going there.

In the middle of last season, Jensen wanted to move from BAR back to Williams (created quite a fuss about it too) and now he wants to stay at BAR.

Ah well, seeing the condition of the Williams team today, I think he may have done the right thing, no matter how costly it may be for him. BAR are certainly better off that Williams at the moment.

...Ah well, seeing the condition of the Williams team today, I think he may have done the right thing, no matter how costly it may be for him. BAR are certainly better off that Williams at the moment.

586557548[/snapback]

:yes:

Jenson Button has paid ?20m to Williams so he can stay at BAR.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/4262010.stm

Is it me but I find it incredible stupid on Jenson part that he signed a contact mid-way through a season even thought he wasn't sure he wanted to go there and now has to fork out ?20m of this own money to stop him going there.

586549325[/snapback]

I think he's going to be abit more upset about it than you.

It's his mistake and his money. I think he's done the right move here.

Don't forget, BAR really want to keep him on as their driver next season, so they probably paid a good chunk of the 20 mill pounds themselves.

All in all, he's done the right thing. Williams this season has gone down the s**thole.

35 mil thats tonnes.suppose also wif sponsors and stuff

586560701[/snapback]

No, I think that is just from BAR. He is like the second highest paid driver after Schumacher, who gets like ?55+ Million.