Indian Cricket Team

Hello

I use to be a great fan of Indian Cricket team. Who can forget some of the matches they have played against Aussis and other teams around the world.. Simply amazing....

But I think they are only the shadow of their previous self.... There is so much politics now starting from the Captain to the dick Daliya... The captain Saurav Ganguly thinks that the team is his and he should never step down even it means runining his name or the name he has made for himself over the years.....

The recent Chappell Ganguly saga is clear that it's more personal basis rarther than country based. There should be a pride playing for once country and they should motivate players. Players like Flintoff.... However it's a shame that the pride doesn't show up anymore in the Indian cricket team. I miss the old days How Tendulkar use to wear his heart on his sleeve. But like Ganguly some players are completely ###### and only want to remain their for their self intrest.

Comments Please

lol so true.

have a lot to say bit this is just not the right place i think.

I'd not like to comment here and hope i do not get to read any derogatory statements here.

At least had one feedback I thought Indian fans have even given up on commenting on their team!!:)

lol so true.

have a lot to say bit this is just not the right place i think.

I'd not like to comment here and hope i do not get to read any derogatory statements here.

586553570[/snapback]

I dont understand why ganguly had to rant about chappel in public... that too during the series.. he could have saved it for interview with ndtv after the series. luckily for us we are playing zimbawe.. so we are going to win anyway.

wht was awful was tht he waited till he got a slow as hell century and then burst out with his comments as if he had actually come back to form...i mean against Zimbabwe?? does he really think tht century really made a difference..I wonder if he wudve done anything if he got out cheaply...

Having Indian heriteage, I despise the Indian cricket team. I think they are all up themselves, and dimwits. I support South Africa. The only good team outthere! It's India's fault that Cronje was banned form cricket, dam bookies who are stupid. THats my 2 cents. I'd never support India or Australia in any type of match!

Bulls**t PsrPimp, who the hell asked Cronje to accept the bookies money. He should have resisted the temptation. Don't blame the bookies for Cronjes' greed.

But mkol you're completely right. In the last decade and a half, Indian cricket has been deeply mired in politics, especially domestic. This is what happens when politicians try to run sporting bodies. Look at our hockey federation as an example.

Ganguly was a brilliant batsman until a few years ago (who can forget all his partnerships with Tendulkar), when he completely lost his form and hasn't yet regained it till date. Whatever quarrel he and Chappell had in the dressing room should have stayed in the dressing room, no matter what. Instead, it was leaked to the press where our controversy hungry media latched on to it.

Ganguly is India's most successful captain blah blah blah. Big deal. With his current form he doesn't even merit a place in India's second reserve team (India B). If it were any other team in the world, he would have been sacked ages ago. A very slow century, against Zimbabwe no less, doesn't mean a damn thing, much less a return to form.

This is the state of Indian cricket since World Cup 2003. Compare that team to the current team to see the depths we have sunk to.

I want to kill that **** Dalmiya for brining politics in to Cricket... ****ing ###### thinks he owns the national team.....

586557057[/snapback]

agreed , stupid fool doesnt know that its me who owns them all :D

It's not just Dalmiya. All the people who are in control of the BCCI should be booted and make way for people who actually care about the bloody game and not just about how much revenue can be earned from advertising or telecasts. Nor they should they care about offended politicians (Bal Thackeray anyone)

The current crop of cricketer's don't have the required discipline or else this situation with Ganguly & Chappell would never have happened. They are used to taking every grievance of theirs to the media (Remember the contract issue with the conflicting sponsors)

The current crop of cricketer's don't have the required discipline or else this situation with Ganguly & Chappell would never have happened. They are used to taking every grievance of theirs to the media (Remember the contract issue with the conflicting sponsors)

586557296[/snapback]

yup right now its like my stats and thats it.. they dont even care if they win or loose. that tri sries in srilanka was a good example

Well i'm from South Africa and pretty proud of our cricket. I'm not ashamed to say i was and still is a fan of Hansie Cronje... Leave that be...

cricket is very unpredictable and can go anywhere, just look at Australia lost to Bangladesh as little while ago...

The problem to me is not the player, in this case Ganguly. Maybe he is the problem? I'm not an indian supporter although i prefer them before a lot of other teams. In fact, the big problem is MONEY. I just heard that SA recieved a sponsorship from SAB (South African Breweries) for the next 3 years i think. The sponsorship is worth something like 60 Million SA Rands, now this is a lot of money. Hansie got busted for way less than this.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that the Indian police want to talk to Gibbs and Boje regarding Hansie a few years after it happened. In my opinion the heart of the Cricket gambling is in India.

If the Cricket union of India has balls thay will fire Ganguly and appoint a new captain. Something that was supposed to happen a long time ago in many cricket unions.

Australia took a big step by dropping a few big players recently. They are also on a downhilll and will have to come back. Maybe it is not a case of them becoming worse but rather the other teams like engalng becoming better.

The above mentioned is why i love sport, in particular Cricket so much.

"i don't like cricket, i love it"

stiff

Hansie Cronje issue first: I still have respect for the man even though what he did. The reason for the respect are two things, He Had a very good cricket brain and second is he had balls to come out and say he did wrong..... Belive me it takes lot of balls to say I am sorry and what I did was wrong....

About the Indian cricket team and Ganguly, I use to be a fan of his but I think one must relise in top level sport when one must go...If that person gets greedy and stays out his time than the whole scene suffers and that is what happning at the moment. I saw him briefly in the first test and I think his balance at the crease is not there and he has very casual approach now in his stand after the ball has delivered.. and thats why he is not meeting the ball on time and failing to play quicks better....

He has got to the point where he has out stayed his time he must go and go with grace otherwise the team will split.....

This is where the Indian cricket team managment is ****ed because Gangluy is Dalimay's pet. And the **** Dalmiya is ****ed after money....

At one time I actually liked Gangluy and he was even playing better then tendulkar but I guess that time is gone and Gangulay has to go now....Otherwise fans will lose intrest..

However it's a shame that the pride doesn't show up anymore in the Indian cricket team. I miss the old days How Tendulkar use to wear his heart on his sleeve. But like Ganguly some players are completely ###### and only want to remain their for their self intrest.

586553456[/snapback]

Ganguly is a crap ****head he cant bat, and hasnt batted well for awhile he should have been kicked ages ago....i rackon dravid sould be captain

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/columns/co...ory/143747.html

Hansie Cronje issue first: I still have respect for the man even though what he did. The reason for the respect are two things, He Had a very good cricket brain and second is he had balls to come out and say he did wrong..... Belive me it takes lot of balls to say I am sorry and what I did was wrong....

About the Indian cricket team and Ganguly, I use to be a fan of his but I think one must relise in top level sport when one must go...If that person gets greedy and stays out his time than the whole scene suffers and that is what happning at the moment. I saw him briefly in the first test and I think his balance at the crease is not there and he has very casual approach now in his stand after the ball has delivered.. and thats why he is not meeting the ball on time and failing to play quicks better....

He has got to the point where he has out stayed his time he must go and go with grace otherwise the team will split.....

This is where the Indian cricket team managment is ****ed because Gangluy is Dalimay's pet. And the **** Dalmiya is ****ed after money....

At one time I actually liked Gangluy and he was even playing better then tendulkar but I guess that time is gone and Gangulay has to go now....Otherwise fans will lose intrest..

586558411[/snapback]

mkol, Hansie Cronje, before and after Hansiegate was one of the best cricket players in the business, as well as one of the best, if not the best captain around. I certainly thought he was better than Steve Waugh.

Sure it takes a lot of balls to admit that you've done something wrong, but everyone already knew he was guilty, so there was nothing ballsy about this. He would have looked worse denying it.

Still I wish he had played again. His South African team were truly great.

About Ganguly, I think he has lost his passion for the game. You can see it in his stances, his actions, his body language. It's become a job for him, his heart's not in it anymore, it's just a livelihood to him. He says he wants to make a comeback to form, but I don't think he's really trying.

He should take the high road and call it quits before he is booted from the team (which I think will happen very soon).

And don't get me started about Dalmiya. He was good at the helm of the ICC, better than Ehsan Mani atleast. But his stint has always been associated with backroom politics and appeasing various higher-ups (read politicians).

whats the public reaction in India like about their Cricket team?? Anyone from India here....

586559078[/snapback]

Indian right here. It's well known that there isn't a country crazier about cricket than India (even though cricket isn't our national sport). We were over the moon in 2003, it was our glory year, reaching the World Cup final and almost beating the Aussies on their own turf.

Since then, we have only sunk from depth to depth. Public morale over the performances of the cricket team is very low, and a series win over Zimbabwe is hardly going to boost our spirits.

Ganguly is a crap ****head he cant bat, and hasnt batted well for awhile  he should have been kicked ages ago....i rackon dravid sould be captain

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/columns/co...ory/143747.html

586560562[/snapback]

Ganguly now, is still a good captain, though he has lost all the qualities which got him a place on the team in the first place.

True, his form has declined and I don't see it getting better in the near (or distant) future. As long as Ganguly is in the team, Dravid won't be able to come into his own as a leader. He'll always be under Ganguly's shadow.

Dravid is also getting old. Chappell should think longterm and start grooming a young player like Yuvraj Singh or Virender Sehwag to take over the captaincy. Dravid is nearing the end of his prime years, he will only be a stopgap measure.

Whew!! Sorry for rambling on.. this has been the longest post I've ever made. Didn;t know i had so many grievances about the state of Indian cricket.

The saga continues. If you haven't read a leaked copy of Chappell's mail I suggest you to read and see how Ganguly has fallen to the depth....

The saga continues. If you haven't read a leaked copy of Chappell's mail I suggest you to read and see how Ganguly has fallen to the depth....

586576128[/snapback]

Indeed:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/cont...ory/220105.html

Ganguly is one ****ed up ******. I dont recollect such a shameless and disgusting cricketer ever. If Chappell gets the boot, then it is the biggest blob of shame on Indian cricket EVER.

Cant believe some mindless ****ers in Calcutta burning Chappell's effigee. Yeah right, burn his effigee for being honest. :rolleyes:

Ganguly now, is still a good captain, though he has lost all the qualities which got him a place on the team in the first place.

586561829[/snapback]

No he's not, he's dividing the team and spreading hysteria and rumors within the team.

Dravid is also getting old. Chappell should think longterm and start grooming a young player like Yuvraj Singh or Virender Sehwag to take over the captaincy. Dravid is nearing the end of his prime years, he will only be a stopgap measure.

Whew!! Sorry for rambling on.. this has been the longest post I've ever made. Didn;t know i had so many grievances about the state of Indian cricket.

586561829[/snapback]

Sehwag, Yuvraj & Kaif are ideal candidates for captaincy. IMO Kaif is the best pick considering he won lead and won the Under-19 World Cup.

Edited by jerry

Damn. Thanks for the link, mkol.

This certainly sheds a new light on the situation, and a damning light at that. I wonder why, if what Greg says is the truth, why the the other players of the team, especially the senior members of the team like Tendulkar and Kumble who are senior to Ganguly himself haven't blown the lid on this. I can't believe they chose to ignore Ganguly's antics in the name of team solidarity.

And what is John Wright's take on the situation. Hasn't anyone asked him about it yet? His account would certainly clear things up?

If what Chappell has said is true, than it is a disgrace to Indian cricket. Such behaviour is absolutely disgusting.

But something Chappell said has 100% merit. Ganguly's team selection is horrible. How he can justify an in form player's exclusion from the team is ludicrous.

Yes, Sehwag, Yuvraj & Kaif are ideal candidates to lead the Indian team. Come World Cup 2007, they will be the mainstays of the Indian team as I'm sure that Sachin Tendulkar will retire at the end of that tounament. But unless they get the required experience, nothing will be accomplished.

Hopefully this situation will be cleared up soon. Only in India can such behaviour go unpunished. Our cricketers are given too much leeway in disciplinary matters. If this was any other governing body of cricket, Ganguly would ahve been axed a long time ago.

jerry,

I am your fan:)

Gangulay is a one bad ****er...

John wright did knew about Gangulay's behaviour but choose to ignore...amazing....

I guess he was too soft...

Read the email amazing.... These are our cricketers....

Bunch of ****ers... I suggest shut the team down and make a come back after 10 years ha ha ha