[Golf] Wie Going Pro

She'll become the world's highest paid female golfer. I'm sure BOOG will be thrilled about this news :p. Actually, on this one I might agree with him (if for different reasons lol). I think it's a big mistake. She should get a win agianst some of her peers before going pro full-time. Even Tiger dominated on the amateur circuit before going pro. I think it'll be too much pressure. She already faces enough scrutiny.

Story

dang, that is young. (reminds self she is only 15.....)

i just hope she doesn't get frustrated with all of the setbacks she's going to have to endure. when you are that young, there's a lot of stuff on your mind. i'd like to see her dominate, but she may just end up a consistent middle-of-the-pack golfer because of all this.

How can she go pro if the minimum age in the LPGA is 18?

586562935[/snapback]

Turning pro basically just means she can collect money for playing.

Still, the issue of representation could not mean more than in the case of a teen prodigy with pronounced trailblazing tendencies. By all accounts, Wie has no intention of trying to play her way through the LPGA's Qualifying School this fall and is likely to suffice with six sponsor's exemptions on that tour in 2006. She cannot become an official member of the LPGA until she turns 18 (unless she petitions the tour for a special exemption), which, in Wie's case, would seem to have little effect on her competitive plans before then.

She's not even 16? Dear god....

She's pretty damn good. Well, i think she is. Everything I know about golf is from Tiger Woods golf on xbox :)

My real life golf experience is aweful. 3 weeks ago I hit a par-3 shot about 7 inches from the pin. I was happy. Until it took me 2-putts to sink it. Argh.

She'll become the world's highest paid female golfer. I'm sure BOOG will be thrilled about this news :p. Actually, on this one I might agree with him (if for different reasons lol). I think it's a big mistake. She should get a win agianst some of her peers before going pro full-time. Even Tiger dominated on the amateur circuit before going pro. I think it'll be too much pressure. She already faces enough scrutiny.

Story

586558532[/snapback]

Men's league?

Pfft.

Would be nice if she won some tournaments first. :laugh: