System Restore/McAfee Problems

I'm working on fixing a friends computer. We are in college, so they make us install mandatory software to connect to the network (Cisco Clean Access Agent and McAfee Antivirus Enterprise). My friend had the entire McAfee Suite installed (Firewall, Privacy Monitor, AntiSpyware). Well he updated something in his McAfee suite (I think it was), and his computer just bombed on him. He couldn't get into the network (Cisco broke), and all his other McAfee programs wouldnt work either, the windows would open, but nothing would be in them. So I figured the logical thing to do would be to uninstall them, and reinstall them. So thats what I did. Now I can't uninstall the McAfee security center because it says parts of McAfee are still installed, none show up in the add/remove programs and there are no other uninstall or program files left. So I figured, ok I'll just do a system restore to before he update. Again, I can open the system restore window, but there is nothing in side of it. I have even tried doing things in safe mode, but no luck.

Any suggestions, or is a reformat the best option at this point?

try out mcafee help website for all kinda issues from mcafee...

http://ts.mcafeehelp.com

I'm working on fixing a friends computer. We are in college, so they make us install mandatory software to connect to the network (Cisco Clean Access Agent and McAfee Antivirus Enterprise). My friend had the entire McAfee Suite installed (Firewall, Privacy Monitor, AntiSpyware). Well he updated something in his McAfee suite (I think it was), and his computer just bombed on him. He couldn't get into the network (Cisco broke), and all his other McAfee programs wouldnt work either, the windows would open, but nothing would be in them. So I figured the logical thing to do would be to uninstall them, and reinstall them. So thats what I did. Now I can't uninstall the McAfee security center because it says parts of McAfee are still installed, none show up in the add/remove programs and there are no other uninstall or program files left. So I figured, ok I'll just do a system restore to before he update. Again, I can open the system restore window, but there is nothing in side of it. I have even tried doing things in safe mode, but no luck.

Any suggestions, or is a reformat the best option at this point?

586558981[/snapback]