*SPOILERS* Battlestar Galactica, s2e10

So, what did everyone think of this episode? I think Ensign Ro is a pretty good Admiral.

Edit: I created this topic to discuss season 2, episode 10 and to speculate about what might happen in future episodes. If you've read leaked scripts or news and want to spoil something that hasn't aired yet (i.e., episode 11 onward), please use the spoiler tags. Don't ruin the series for those that don't want it ruined!

Edited by viserov

I found myself repeatedly wanting the Pegasus to get hit by a stray nuke throughout the entire episode. That was probably one of the best episodes of any tv show...hell...anything I've ever seen. I don't know many movies that are as good as BS:G.

I was disturbed to see how they condone such abuse of cylons...using rape as an interrogation tool? It's a cold reminder of human brutality. Other than that, I am so ready for January!!!

I was disturbed to see how they condone such abuse of cylons...using rape as an interrogation tool? It's a cold reminder of human brutality. Other than that, I am so ready for January!!!

586571008[/snapback]

Yeah, I was shocked to see the Pegasus Colonel (?) about to rape the Boomer Cylon.

Off topic: Wow, someone here on Neowin from Shreveport. I'm in Ruston.

586571008[/snapback]

Yeah...that was pretty bad.

I can't believe Cain tell's Adama that he makes bad decisions, but yet

she let's Rape go on on her ship.

HOLY ****.

Jesus, that one scene... I was wondering why they had the disclaimer after the commercial, and now I can see why. That guy deserved to get his ass handed to him.

I want Pegasus to just get owned. I mean, OWNED. Feed 'em to the Cylons.

Counting the seconds until January.

586571015[/snapback]

For some reason, I knew from the beginning that this battlestar would be filled with "evil" officers. On a side note, the interior and exterior of Pegasus was beautiful. And, I like the new music in this episode.

586571015[/snapback]

Well, she's obviously got a few screws loose, so it may be that she just doesn't care, so long as the information she needs is obtained.

Maybe they can use the Blackbird (once Starbuck gets back) to launch a stealth nuke at Pegasus.

I just can't see colonial pilots engaging each other like that, after all they've been through. At the very end, the command crew of the Pegasus looked pretty unsure of the actions of Cane. I could see a mutiny coming out of this but then again, who would command the Pegasus? This is one of the few times that a tv show has got me completely befuddled as to what direction they'll go in.

I just can't see colonial pilots engaging each other like that, after all they've been through.  At the very end, the command crew of the Pegasus looked pretty unsure of the actions of Cane.  I could see a mutiny coming out of this but then again, who would command the Pegasus?  This is one of the few times that a tv show has got me completely befuddled as to what direction they'll go in.

586571027[/snapback]

Probably don't need the spoiler tags when it's in the topic title. ;)

I think the Pegasus crew was unsure about going up against a fellow Colonial Battlestar. However, it was obvious that they had no problems with the interrogation "methods" being used on their captive Cylon, so they deserve to get wiped out.

Now that I think about it...

For those of you old enough or geeky enough to remember the old series, when they found the Pegasus...there are some similarities with that storyline and this one. In the old series, they find the Pegasus, and Cane talks Adama into going on this crazy mission against a Cylon outpost. All hell breaks loose, and Cane basically uses the Pegasus to go all kamikaze on two Cylon basestars in order for the rest of the fleet to get away. Now, on the new series...they are running a recon mission on....two basestars and some other massive ship they've never seen before.

Speaking of that big ship...any guesses as to what that could be?

Yeah, but someone always bitches, even when it's in the title.

I get what you're saying, but remember, most of the Colonials consider the Cylons to be nothing more than machines. If that concept is reinforced over and over from the top down on the Pegasus...these things are nothing, they are machines...then they probably don't consider that "rape" since it's not a "real" person. Screwy, I know.

I think the big ship is probably some kind of central command ship. I know raiders don't have pilots and I'm pretty sure base stars don't either so this big ship might be a central computer to guide them all. It might be a raider factory too. Who knows? I'm very anxious about January though.

I found myself repeatedly wanting the Pegasus to get hit by a stray nuke throughout the entire episode.  That was probably one of the best episodes of any tv show...hell...anything I've ever seen.  I don't know many movies that are as good as BS:G.

586571002[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly!

I think the big ship is probably some kind of central command ship. I know raiders don't have pilots and I'm pretty sure base stars don't either so this big ship might be a central computer to guide them all. It might be a raider factory too. Who knows? I'm very anxious about January though.

586571355[/snapback]

Sounds about Right, or its what they call home now...hating carbon life. they built thier own ship...to be like a new planet..robots :cry: ...who knows? :no:

Yeah, I was shocked to see the Pegasus Colonel (?) about to rape the Boomer Cylon.

Off topic: Wow, someone here on Neowin from Shreveport. I'm in Ruston.

586571013[/snapback]

He was a Lt... Lt. Thorne. He was about to put a thorne in Sharon (ok ok i'll stop).

In any case... spectacular episode. The last 5 minutes (background music DEFINITELY helping) were just the best 5 minutes I have ever seen, even better then last season. Adama really stepped up to the plate and was just sick and tired of Cane.

He was a Lt... Lt. Thorne. He was about to put a thorne in Sharon (ok ok i'll stop).

In any case... spectacular episode. The last 5 minutes (background music DEFINITELY  helping) were just the best 5 minutes I have ever seen, even better then last  season. Adama really stepped up to the plate and was just sick and tired of Cane.

586571545[/snapback]

Do officers outrank the marines (those security guys accompanying Thorne)?