2005 AFL grand final

man, just got back from watching this. it was the greatest grand final i have ever seen, i was shattered west coast lost but it's probably good for the game that sydney one. the atmosphere was electric with 95,000 packed in at the mcg. what did people from australia think of the game? or anybody that watched it lol

It was a close game, but not the greatest Grand Final. It was a very low scoring game, and 95,000 is a reduced capacity because of the Renovations. I think that before renovations it could fit 120,000.

I didn't really care who won because I thaught that they were as bad as each other, but West Coast was more deserving because they played better during the season.

I think that before renovations it could fit 120,000.

yup after renovations are finished it will be 115-120,000 capacity. when i went in 2002 before renovation there was 97,000

sportal.com.au is the place to be if u want to talk aus sport ;)

the forum section there is pretty big

so join us

edit: swans & tigers win + sad dragon faces = pricless :D

My favourite team are the WestCoast Eagles. Im still depressed, The eagel looked home, but a few misses cost them the game. 15 seconds more and i think the eagle would have won it. Oh well **** happens. Eagle are a young team and they will get chances in the next few years, With Sydney they really needed it as most of there players will probably never get it again because of their age.

Damn Im feeling bad. I wanted my team to win so badly.

no

im pretty sure the eagles won.

kiddin. lol

im a eagle supporter.,

and victorians had it all

1/6 of crowd was eagle supporters,

tribunal was for the swans,

and the commentators were for the swans

pooor eagles

tribunal was for the swans,

and the commentators were for the swans

yeh i know, that ****ed me off so bad. so much that i picked up my friends phone and threw it at his wall lol

I watched the thing at home, I was worrying as the Swans knocked up the 5 point lead in the final stages of the game, 'The Eagles are gonna get the final goal and win it by one. Sh*t!' Thankfully it didn't happen, but I really think the Swans deserved the win, simply because they were a team, there was really no stand-out player. Chris Judd was really the factor that kept West Coast in it, but the Swans had key players that did the little things that won them the game. In particular, the Swans defence in their own fifty was impressive as was the marking within their offensive fifty, O'Loughlin especially. His kicking game could do with a bit of work though.

Cheer, Cheer, the Red and the White,

Honour the name, by day and by night;

Lift that noble banner high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky.

What though the odds be great, or small,

Swans will go in and win over all;

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to Victory.

I've been getting into the AFL ever since I got digital cable and started receiving Fox Soccer Channel. Unfortunately, they show games at ungodly hours of the night. I was watching this last night. Coverage started around midnight and was going until four in the morning but I fell asleep shortly after the third quarter started. Sydney was up by 20. Seeme like I missed a heck of a comeback by the West Coast. Maybe I'll try and catch a replay but it'll be on at an ungodly hour again. Very entertaining game though. I wish I could see it more easily.

I've been getting into the AFL ever since I got digital cable and started receiving Fox Soccer Channel. Unfortunately, they show games at ungodly hours of the night. I was watching this last night. Coverage started around midnight and was going until four in the morning but I fell asleep shortly after the third quarter started. Sydney was up by 20. Seeme like I missed a heck of a comeback by the West Coast. Maybe I'll try and catch a replay but it'll be on at an ungodly hour again. Very entertaining game though. I wish I could see it more easily.

586572637[/snapback]

glad to see an american interested in the game. There is actually an Australian Football League in USA and NY has their own team. you should check it out. go down and play :)