NFL Week 3 Expert Picks - Excel File

I post this on the Eagles official Message Boards for the users there...

I figured maybe the people on Neowin would enjoy it.

Since this is the first time posting it I figure i should describe what this is.

Basically, last year, the first year i did this, i just got so fed up of having to visit sites over and over again to see the picks. Besides the fact that after the picks come out its hard as hell to find them on the pages... I also didnt like having some picks all in text. I like seeing the colorful NFL logos. Im a picture guy...not a text guy.

I decided that I would put the picks of all the experts into a big excel file all with logos and pickers pictures such that when I wanted to view them, all I had to do was load it up...no ads no webpages, none of that crap. Just windows excel.

I was also interested in seeing how the experts from different sites compare to one another.

I track ESPN, ESPN Insider, Bill Simmons ESPN Page 2, Sporting News, Yahoo Sports, HBO Inside the NFL, CBS Sportsline, CNNSI, MSNBC, SportsColumn.com, Sports-Central.org, AskTheCommish.com, Football.com, IGN Sports Man vs Machine, and USAToday Sports.

Some are straight up...some are against the spread...some people who pick straight up provide scores, so i translate them into Against the Spread picks.

Let me know what you think.

Here is the link:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tkarasick/picks.zip

This is a zipped up excel file.

So you need two things:

1) A program (or operating system) that can decompress a ZIP file.

2) A program to view excel files. Microsoft Free Excel Viewer will do it.

Just to be clear, picks to the LEFT of the black bar are straight up.

Picks to the RIGHT of the black bar are against the spread.

If any of you visit the IGN Man vs Machine page to see the picks, you would notice that one pick by Madden NFL 2006 was a little weird. It picked Buffalo over Atlanta, 28-10...in OT. Im not particularly sure how a team scores 14 in sudden death OT...

Few changes from previous file:

1) Thanks to member chitownjts I have pictures for Chris Bahr and the War Room Scouts...huzzah!

2) Having the spreads in +'s and -'s was getting confusing when I was comparing the scores against the spreads. I used to put the + and - to indicate the line against the home team. Since I already list the favorites in a column I just made all the lines -'s so I can add easier.

3) Im not sure if you noticed this in week 2. I had to remove Jaw's ATS picks because those picks are only accessible with a pay-account to his site. They were free in week 1.

4) added IGN logo (in week 2 update) for IGN (lomas brown and jon robinson)

5) added football.com logo for football.com experts

That's gotta be a compulsive bettor's dream come true lol. Seems like an insane amount of work. Very cool though. Personally, I'd go crazy trying to make my picks with ALL those choices. I generally stick to the ESPN guys if I need help but still very cool nonetheless. (Y) (Y)

That's gotta be a compulsive bettor's dream come true lol. Seems like an insane amount of work. Very cool though. Personally, I'd go crazy trying to make my picks with ALL those choices. I generally stick to the ESPN guys if I need help but still very cool nonetheless. (Y)?(Y))

586573606[/snapback]

yeah...i would think.

Its not that bad...Since this is my 24th week doing it, ive become used to it.

I find it fun. It helps me be aware of every game and who is favored...

It was quite interesting last year.

Picking the favorites (straight up) was the best choice among all the experts (minus the celebrities...ESPN Page 3 had 12 celeb picks, 2 of which came out better than the Favorites).