Download 'problem'

Question

Arpit

Everytime I try to download something, half of the times, it shows me the download window, but with no progress being made...I have to cancel, and click again to download the file I want to download, which works then. Is there any way to fix this so I won't have to keep on cancelling the downloads, in order to be able to download stuff?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Silvorgold

what speed is your connection? a lower connection causes downloads on your computer to go slower, ie - 28.8 would be approx 2.8 kbs, you could also try downloading a download manager (when you are able to download anything) such as realdownload, gozilla, or getright to take care of the downloads

configure

Er.. does that happen randomly, on a same site, or what? Maybe it's your ISP problem... :ermm:

Arpit

I'm on cable @home...there are no problems with the speed once it begins downloading.

Arpit

...and yeah, it's a random thing, apparently it happens like 7 out of 10 times...so much for random.

configure

er.. try use some download manager, I suggest Download Accelertor, see if the problem still persist.. :)