Networked drive prob... :(

I have two computers. Both run Win2k Pro. Both on the same workgroup, both 192.168.1.10x, they see each other and communicate fine.

My problem:

On computer 1 (my main), I have mapped the C drive of computer 2 (my server) as G. This is fine.

EXCEPT, when I reboot, I am prompted for the password again. EVEN THOUGH when I mapped it I specified that it connect as another user name and password.

How do I get it to automatically map the drive? And if my server isn't on for whatever reason, how do I get it to map the drive as a disconnected network share (WITHOUT prompting me about it on reboot)?

if you give the user that is logged in permissions to the share your mapping too - you will not have to worry about giving other user credentials when you log back in.

-BudMan

Originally posted by BudMan

if you give the user that is logged in permissions to the share your mapping too - you will not have to worry about giving other user credentials when you log back in.

-BudMan

Oh man, now I feel like complete noob here. Haha. How do I go about doing this? ;)

Originally posted by ToastGodSupreme

Oh man, now I feel like complete noob here. Haha. How do I go about doing this? ;)

ok, nm, got it :)