What resolution?!

It appears as though the majority next gen games will run at a 1080i or 720p res. So if I got a 1080p tv to run the select few ps3 titles that utilize that high res will the 1080i or 720p games look grainy? (like running a game at 1024x768 on a 1600x1200 monitor?)

Could anyone give me recommendations for HDTVs 30" - 40" for using Xbox 360 and PS3 on?

Jake-

I know it will work, I am just curious what would look better. On pc monitors it is always better to run a game at a monitors native res. So would a tv with 1080i or 720p be a better bet since most games will be running that?

Jake-

Yes, it would be better. There may not be a HUGE noticeable difference, but every single signal would have to be upscaled thus losing quality in the image along the line. Most LCD's are now 720p or 768p. That should be more than enough. We are a long ways away from 1080p being a factor.

Looks like I will probably head the 720p or 768p route? Which is better? Should I make sure that 1080i is included in that as well or is that also too high?

Can anyone rec. a good 30" to 40" set?

Jake-

1080i is always included but any set will convert to it's native resolution. 768p isn't all that great since there isn't much material, if any, put out in 768p.

As for a set, as Ive been saying, look at the Sony CRT's with SuperFinePitch.